New Web Page With Thumbnail Pictures

cruzsnooze

Recently Princess had changed it's opening pages to these thumbnail pictures instead of the drop down boxes to plan a cruise. The fix had been to clear cache and cookies to get back to the original way of looking tp plan a cruise. I'm using Chrome still and the cache and cookie fix isn't working. Has anyone found a work around for this if you're seeing this newer opening page?

I'm now getting the new (horrible) page all the time. There's no way to put in a port to see what cruises stop there. For instance, if you want a specific port such as Alta, Norway you used to be able to select that port and see the cruise that went there. Now there is no way to do that sort of search. I absolutely hate the new setup.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm now getting the new (horrible) page all the time. There's no way to put in a port to see what cruises stop there. For instance, if you want a specific port such as Alta, Norway you used to be able to select that port and see the cruise that went there. Now there is no way to do that sort of search. I absolutely hate the new setup.

Yes, it's considerably harder to find exactly what you're looking for. It used to be easy to see all the dates and prices of a particular sailing, not anymore.  It wasn't broke but they fixed it anyway.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Sapphire 2019

Fri, Oct 25 Alta, Norway View excursions in Alta, Norway on Friday, Oct 25
(Tender Required), (Wheelchair Access Limited)
10:00 AM  
Sat, Oct 26 Alta, Norway View excursions in Alta, Norway on Saturday, Oct 26
(Tender Required), (Wheelchair Access Limited)
  11:00 PM

27 minutes ago, caa said:

This is the link to the old search engine: https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

It still works for me in Chrome.

I went to your link and worked for the first cruise I looked at but when I went to plan a cruise the second time it went to the horrible thumbnail version. Princess has a terrible IT dept. Thanks for link though. 

3 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I went to your link and worked for the first cruise I looked at but when I went to plan a cruise the second time it went to the horrible thumbnail version. Princess has a terrible IT dept. Thanks for link though. 

Yes, if you click Plan a Cruise on the website, it will take you to the default (new) page. You have to bookmark the old search entry link and use it each time you want to do another search.

8 minutes ago, caa said:

Yes, if you click Plan a Cruise on the website, it will take you to the default (new) page. You have to bookmark the old search entry link and use it each time you want to do another search.

Got it, extra work from Princess. Why can't they just leave somethings that work fine alone. Thanks for your help.

15 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

OP didn't you post this same question a few weeks ago?  🤔

I use it everyday.

Either page what's the big deal?

Yes

The original page came back as the default so the problem resolved itself. Today the problem resurfaced. It's a big deal as you can see from the other posters because the new site is not as well received and user friendly as the previous site. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Yes

The original page came back as the default so the problem resolved itself. Today the problem resurfaced. It's a big deal as you can see from the other posters because the new site is not as well received and user friendly as the previous site. 

Well it didn't stop me from booking 3 more cruises this week.   😉

It's kinda growing on me.   

15 hours ago, AZJerry said:

FWIW, I use chrome and still get the old search page with the dropdowns.

I'm using chrome too. I wonder if it's something they are rolling out and it hasn't effected everyone yet. 

I used the old page last night to search for a cruise; today, I get the new one, there are drop downs about half way down the page similar to the old page with several of the old categories to search. Above the list of drop downs on the right is an "Advanced search" that links to a revised version of the old page, which becomes the old page when I select "show more options." It's a different starting page from last night but gets me to the same point as before. Sounds different than what others are describing.  (also using Chrome)

Edited by LMADAMS91

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hi Go to PORTS & SHORE EXCURSION  at the bottom of page ,pick destination and port, then View ,it takes you to next page look to Right of page at GREEN BOX that says VIEW CRUISES at least that works where I am ....we too think new site is Horrible I hope Princess takes Note !!!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE USE THE SITE FEEDBACK FORM ON WEBPAGE TO MAKE YOUR VIEWS KNOW..

Edited by fishnchips
  • Haha 1

Today is the first time I've seen the new setup on princess.com, and I like it a lot. It's different for sure, but it's a very workable method for filtering destinations, ships, and ports. Good change.

• Like 1

What am I missing?  When I click on "Plan a Cruise -> Find Cruise" I get the old page.  I'm using Safari.  I wonder if the message at the top of the screen indicates anything relating to this topic.

2118671121_Screenshot2019-07-1311_18_30.thumb.png.019f0f1832e246ea628427e510f4c95c.png