Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

What is the ship and cabin number? I'll have a look on cruisedeckplans.

 

Questions about cabins actually belong on the Cabin Selection board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/128-cabin-selection-tips/

while the question of your particular booking situation may require input from people familiar with NCL policy. 

Edited by crystalspin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

Phone or email NCL, look at the website and see the square footage of the cabins.  No brainer.

Edited by Harley52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

 

Unless you get a suite all NCL cabins are small. NCL will be happy too upgrade you if you wish to pay the difference in cost. Just call NCL or your TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zqvol said:

 

Unless you get a suite all NCL cabins are small. NCL will be happy too upgrade you if you wish to pay the difference in cost. Just call NCL or your TA.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

On the NCL Joy:

inside cabins range from 129 to 151 sq ft

oceanview cabins are 161 sq ft

balcony cabins are 172 sq ft

 

So yes, pay more for an oceanview or balcony and you can get a larger cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

On the NCL Joy:

inside cabins range from 129 to 151 sq ft

oceanview cabins are 161 sq ft

balcony cabins are 172 sq ft

 

So yes, pay more for an oceanview or balcony and you can get a larger cabin.

Thank you for the  dimensions 

I'm going to look into it, the inside cabin is way too small 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the ability to move to a larger cabin depends on a larger cabin being available .... and other things.

 

on popular cruises there just aren't empty cabins sitting around waiting for you to ask to upgrade .... well, not if the cruise line can help it anyway!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

the ability to move to a larger cabin depends on a larger cabin being available .... and other things.

 

on popular cruises there just aren't empty cabins sitting around waiting for you to ask to upgrade .... well, not if the cruise line can help it anyway!!

Ok thanks, this cruise I got through a casino “free” I have to pay for port charges ,taxes plus administration fee what ever that is for inside cabin..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that a "larger" room is only SLIGHTLY larger.  Ten square feet means that the room is about one single foot longer in a room that is ten feet wide. A difference of twenty square feet is a room that is only two feet longer.  

Only you can decide if that one or two feet of length is worth the hundreds of dollars it might cost you to upgrade.  

Some people don't like inside rooms because they're "too dark" and don't have window or balcony.  For them, it's worth their money to spend more to have a window or a balcony. 

Other people (like me) don't sit and stare out a window or sit alone on a balcony, so the extra money spent is a complete waste.  I can look out the window or sit on the pool deck any time I want for "free" and I like the pitch black room to nap in or sleep late in the morning (I'm a night owl and often don't go to bed until 4-5am).  I use the money I save to go on snorkeling excursions or extra cruises or whatever else is more important to me than a window or a balcony.  

Only you can determine what is important to you.  If you're inclined to spend large parts of your day and night in your room and on your balcony, it might be worth your money to upgrade to a very slightly larger balcony room.  If you're more likely to spend your days on the pool deck and your nights in the casino, you may prefer to save that extra money for some more casino play, instead. Everyone has different preferences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, crystalspin said:

What is the ship and cabin number? I'll have a look on cruisedeckplans.

 

Questions about cabins actually belong on the Cabin Selection board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/128-cabin-selection-tips/

while the question of your particular booking situation may require input from people familiar with NCL policy. 

Cabin is 12631 the ship Joy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:53 PM, Harley52 said:

Phone or email NCL, look at the website and see the square footage of the cabins.  No brainer.

😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SC LTC said:

Cabin is 12631 the ship Joy

Your lucky day! There is a YouTube of that very cabin!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember, the sq. footage INCLUDES the bathroom space, so the cabin will be even smaller than stated.  Ship cabins are nothing like hotel rooms, until you get to the "suites".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look carefully at cabin size - we often are in an interior and square footage may be equal or a bit larger than a veranda cabin.  I equate cruise cabins to hotel rooms in major cities - pricey and not very big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

 

On 7/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, crystalspin said:

Your lucky day! There is a YouTube of that very cabin!

 

 

Yikes!! I would be crawling up the walls in no time being stuck in that closet. I have seen prison cells that were more appealing. 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PTMary said:

Yikes!! I would be crawling up the walls in no time being stuck in that closet. I have seen prison cells that were more appealing. 😲

LOL. Here's what two of us traveled in for 12 days on the Norwegian coast:

 

IMG_6668 - Edited.jpg

IMG_6639 - Edited.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clo said:

LOL. Here's what two of us traveled in for 12 days on the Norwegian coast:

 

IMG_6668 - Edited.jpg

IMG_6639 - Edited.jpg

...😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

...😲

As you can imagine, when I read about someone complaining about not having a walk-in closet or such, *I* LOL.  We're going on the same ship (100 pax) next spring but in a slightly bigger, no bunk, cabin 🙂  But looking out our porthole at this was worth it.

 

IMG_6740 - Edited (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, clo said:

As you can imagine, when I read about someone complaining about not having a walk-in closet or such, *I* LOL.  We're going on the same ship (100 pax) next spring but in a slightly bigger, no bunk, cabin 🙂  But looking out our porthole at this was worth it.

 

IMG_6740 - Edited (1).jpg

Agree. No doubt about it. We'd book it. Almost looks like the cabin on our first cruise (1991) on American Hawaii Cruise Lines, SS Constitution.  

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. No doubt about it. 

BTW and OT we have two fave friends, Dave and Kathy, so I always get a nice feeling when you name shows up.  They literally travel the world petsitting.  Currently in Bangkok for a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, clo said:

BTW and OT we have two fave friends, Dave and Kathy, so I always get a nice feeling when you name shows up.  They literally travel the world petsitting.  Currently in Bangkok for a couple of months.

I spent a week in 1970 on R&R from Vietnam in Bangkok. I must have had a good time as I don't remember to much from that week. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I spent a week in 1970 on R&R from Vietnam in Bangkok. I must have had a good time as I don't remember to much from that week. 😉 

Ah, our generation.  Thanks for your service.  Sincerely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, SC LTC said:

I’m booked on Norwegian with inside cabin 

its my first time on the cruise line from what I gather the cabin is really small is it possible to get a bigger cabin? Any input would be appreciated...🙂

 

Remember ... you only (or most cruisers) only spend time sleeping and dressing in your cabin.  You have TONS of decks to walk ... lounge on, activities ALL over the ship.  I don't know if there is a Spinnaker type lounge on the ship you're cruising on ... but that is a nice place to read, nap and watch the world go by.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...