Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
eileen11

Free At Sea dining

We just booked a cruise and one of the perks is the Free at Sea dining for three days.  We are booked on the Joy.  Can we go to any of the restaurants and order whatever we want?  How does this work with a la carte restaurants?  In Cagney's, can we order anything or is there a price limit?   I am so confused about this.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, eileen11 said:

We just booked a cruise and one of the perks is the Free at Sea dining for three days.  We are booked on the Joy.  Can we go to any of the restaurants and order whatever we want?  How does this work with a la carte restaurants?  In Cagney's, can we order anything or is there a price limit?   I am so confused about this.  Thank you.

You can order 1 entree per person and as many sides as you like or I think that is how they are working it: It was when we were on the Dawn 4 months ago. It seem periodical they change the rules, but believe me, you will have plenty of food and pretty much what you want. Make sure you get reservations early either on line or as soon as you board the ship. 

We were on the Star in June. At Cagney's we were told unlimited appetizers and sides, 1 entree and dessert. Same in the Bistro. I assume its same on other ships. Its a lot of food. They will bring you a bill at end of meal for $0.

Yeah....the 1 entre and unlimited everything else is a lot of food.  You won’t be hungry once you are finished.  Generally speaking, the food is excellent.  I love LeBistro, Cagney’s and Teppanyaki.  Moderno’s salad bar is excellent.  For their meat entries, I would stick to the chicken, lamb and sausages.  Their beef is hit and miss (they could take some lessons from their Cagney’s brethren).

I’m sure you’ll love it.