LIVE Allure of the Seas July 14 - 21

It's cruise week I'm so excited! We leave tonight bc we are flying from DFW to FLL on points and staying in a hotel on points as well.  To get the lowest points for today we're taking the evening flight so we land about 11pm. 

We board the ship tomorrow.  There are 5 of us staying in a grand suite. Everyone is near adult size so I'm curious to see if we think this level of suite is worth it. This is our 2 boys graduation present from high school.  We take them to college in August.  Then our daughter is 12 years old. 

We have most of our excursions already picked out.  We are snorkling in st kitts together,  the guys are riding atv in San Juan. Since dd is not old enough her and I will do something but not sure yet.  In Nassau ds1, dd and I are swimming with the dolphins at Atlantis and doing the waterpark.  Dh and ds2 were going to do the jet flight simulator but im not sure anymore bc I got a refund and it's not on calendar anymore.  Ds2 will be sad if that is canceled! He is going to college to be a professional pilot. 

For now all the Amazon stuff I ordered with some clothes are in suitcases 🤣🤣🤣  We have a puppy and cat my mom actually begged us to flying her out to pet sit lol. So we decided to and that is coming in handy.  We decided while we are gone to get all the bedrooms painted lol. Plus dd and I are trying to pull off the impossible of leaving the ship at the end.  She is not allowed to miss more team practice days. We changed our flight and fly out of FLL on Sunday at 11:45 and flight gets in at 2pm and practice is about 45 mins away at 3pm sooooo we will see if we make it or not lol. Im going to have mom in the get away car at the airport giving us a shot at trying to be close to on time lol.

Edited by mommyof2monkeys+princess

So excited to see your review! We are boarding the day you leave, so this will help build the suspense in our household for boarding day. Have you thought about leaving any checked luggage with other family members and just flying (you and dd) carry on only? It may save you some time getting out of the airport. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very interested in the flight simulator in Nassau, if it still happens.  I considered this for our last stop there but no one here seemed to have any experience with it.  Might have been too new.  Enjoy your cruise.

The company's Facebook page shows it was open yesterday.  It looks like it's close to the ship.  If we can add it back on through RC then the plan is for them to try on their own. It has great reviews on trip advisor and Facebook. 

We stayed at the Springhill Suites last night. Decent room not fancy beds were hard but slept great.  The room was low points and 2 queens and pull out sofa so perfect for our family of 5 adult size people. DS1 is our morning person so he is already down to breakfast and the other 2 are still sleeping.  

We haven't cruised since 2013. I'm excited to see the size of this ship!

Edited to add the plan is to get an uber xl as Springhill wants $10 a person for shuttle to port. Last night uber xl showed $16.

Edited by mommyof2monkeys+princess
Update

2 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Just curious, how could you get 5 in a GS?  I thought capacity was at 4. Have a great trip!

I called in to book 2 joining tons and they said it was an option. It was $1200 more than two balcony rooms. So we will see if we feel we made the good choice.  I can't find hardly any pics of bed set up so I will definitely take pictures of 5 person bed set up.  My husband is a huge bath person so the tub was a huge plus.  We are hoping all the perks of a suite are worth the cost as well. 

1 minute ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

I called in to book 2 joining tons and they said it was an option. It was $1200 more than two balcony rooms. So we will see if we feel we made the good choice.  I can't find hardly any pics of bed set up so I will definitely take pictures of 5 person bed set up.  My husband is a huge bath person so the tub was a huge plus.  We are hoping all the perks of a suite are worth the cost as well. 

That's great.  I have a family of five and we could never get 5 in a GS when the kids were younger.

28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I wonder if they have one of the two bedroom grand suites.

Nope standard GS. Now if they would surprise us with an upgrade I would be all for it.  We are in the Uberxl now heading over to the port. A minivan showed up so we were able to fit us and luggage in.  We made ds1 throw away third breakfast as he tried to get in the van with food.  Poor Royal doesn't know what it's in for feeding my kids 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Nope standard GS. Now if they would surprise us with an upgrade I would be all for it.  We are in the Uberxl now heading over to the port. A minivan showed up so we were able to fit us and luggage in.  We made ds1 throw away third breakfast as he tried to get in the van with food.  Poor Royal doesn't know what it's in for feeding my kids 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ugh!  They are going to have to bring in a roll away for the fifth person, which is going to make the cabin really tight with the sofabed open.  Good luck!

We are by the pool just over an hour until we set sail. Rooms opened right at 1 and all our luggage was there which was great bc DH and I  had a miscommunication.  He had been wheeling my carry on the entire time with his back pack on top so I didn't get it and assumed he was like normal he checked it instead so no swim suits at first. 

The room for all our crap has a spot  for everything for 5 people so that part is great.  Love the magnetic hooks,  the door shoe pocket. 

20190714_130303.jpg

20190714_130309.jpg

20190714_130313.jpg

20190714_130326.jpg

20190714_130334.jpg

20190714_130434.jpg

20190714_130447.jpg

• Like 1