LIVE Allure of the Seas July 14 - 21

1 minute ago, STANMELB said:

Is your family eating dinner at the Coastal Kitchen? If so, any problems getting reservations for your desired time.

We made one for tomorrow at 530. The lady asked us if we liked caviar we said yes she then told us it would be like $300 for both caviar options.  We turned her down on the caviar but kept the dinner reservation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have the alcohol package for hubby and I and the refreshment package for the under age 😉 Plus we added on the ultimate dining so we should have alot of dining options.  We are doing hibachi tonight.  Ive already confirmed they have yum yum sauce as my kids are spoiled and won't eat hibachi without it 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

45 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

We made one for tomorrow at 530. The lady asked us if we liked caviar we said yes she then told us it would be like $300 for both caviar options.  We turned her down on the caviar but kept the dinner reservation.

Thanks for the prompt reply. They usually serve a nice filet on Saturday night at the Coastal Kitchen.

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Wow, that doesn't look bad at all.  Is it a roll away?

I'll get a picture underneath when my daughter wakes up.  Fitting all the beds in was not as bad as I was thinking.  I thought someone said it went in the bar/ closet area but that is not the case. It is right next to the couch.  One chair still fits in the living room and the other chair they move between the master bed and make up station.  But I still have plenty of room to get out of bed - it was my side of the bed. 

Before bed we ordered room service on the TV.  The guy called to confirm the order and charge - I said I thought there was no charge for suite. He quickly apologized and brought up the desserts. 

Overall the night went good.  The night light I purchased off a cruise list went on the magnetic door and was great for helping to not turn lights on. I did realize we have become very spoiled with vrbo 4br homes lol vs. Even small hotel rooms lol. Ds1 loves to go to bed early and wake up early where the rest of us are late and late.  I didn't hear ds1 until 7am so not too bad.  The door to the room can close fairly quietly so after one night I'm going to say we are happy so far with the GS choice!

• Like 1

We are chilling right now waiting for our reservation at the Italian restaurant.  We did breakfast in the coastal kitchen view and food was good.  Then we walked around.  We ended up at the crown and anchor presentation not planning on it.  Dd did the rock climbing.  Line was not bad for rock climbing.  About 10am we walked by windjammer the line was crazy!

20190715_105130.jpg

20190715_105219.jpg

20190715_105701.jpg

20190715_105729.jpg

20190715_105921.jpg

We ate last night at 150. We skipped appetizers to ensure we had room for dessert.  We loved the martini bar they wheeled to the table and the beef tenderloin was awesome. For dessert we got the fried cheesecake and chocolate tart.  They were very worried about us not having an appetizer lol. Our 12 yr old is absolutely loving the living room. They also hosted a 12 to 14 only ice skating hour - it does require a parent to walk the child down to sign liability forms so she missed a little time bc we didn't know that. We skipped being formal but we stayed out at the bars until midnight people watching. We did the ice show in the afternoon and it was fun. It is a product placement show to spend at restaurants and shops on the ship.  Overall it was a great day at seas.

20190715_154212.jpg

20190715_182232.jpg

20190715_183337.jpg

20190715_190303.jpg

20190715_190308.jpg

20190715_191909.jpg

20190715_193838.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, reaton said:

So excited to see your review! We are boarding the day you leave, so this will help build the suspense in our household for boarding day. Have you thought about leaving any checked luggage with other family members and just flying (you and dd) carry on only? It may save you some time getting out of the airport. 

That is the plan! The guys will take all the luggage as they fly home Monday night so plenty of time.  My mom is house sitting so she has my daughter practice bag in the car so we could literally fly with just my purse and be good. My mom will be at the airport waiting on us. 

Here are a few pictures of the curtain seperating the main bed aka parent bed for us lol. It's that super thick itchy type fabric but great at helping to kill sound it is also front and back so double thick. There is a chubby it can be pushed into when you don't want it in the way giving more room.  Im using the draws in the make up area so i can pull the curtain out to create a dressing room to not use the bathroom to dress but I don't necessarily step down in front of adult kids 😉

20190716_105905.jpg

20190716_105942.jpg

20190716_105955.jpg

20190716_110041.jpg

Today day 3 - what day of the week is it 🤣🤣🤣 apparently even the elevator floor guys forgot.  Half said Monday and half said Tuesday. 

Definitely a day the "suite" came in handy.  We did room service for breakfast and was able to add on.  It also came very quick which was awesome.   Hubby was not happy that lunch reservations were messed up.  Lunch was supposed to be at noon at Sabor, their sign said noon as well but They said they were closed for a class until 12:30pm and would seat us then. We just went to Johnny rocket instead. Our 12 yr old skipped lunch entirely bc she was too busy at the Living Room making friends. Hubby was able to sit down with concierge and straighten everything out and she assured us she would take care if things.  We had a refund we weren't told what was canceled and RCI added me into the guys atv excursion that we didn't want me on so it was nice not to have to go stand in line for all that.  Then she add us into a comedy show that was saying it booked on the app so that was nice.  Then the suite seating for the aqua show was awesome as well. 

In regarding suite seating it was amazing ti se how many people wants to argue with the guy that they should be able to sit there.  One lady argued so much she ended up losing her balance and falling.  He motioned for them to sit to the side but she decided to sit in the 2 chairs that said reserved for sky.  Well the guy came down with the 2 sky members and kicked her out so I have no clue where she ended up taking all the time trying to argue.  I did hear the guy with the two sky members apologize to them for the situation. 

On to the show - it was awesome! We did eat at Samba Grill and liked it alot. I think the Italian is sil my favorite so far. 

Now it's about 8pm and our daughter has ditched us again for the living room activites and the rest of us are chilling in the room on the balcony.  Hubby and I are catching the marriage show at 10pm as we have always liked it.  

I definitely loved the balcony for the 2 seas days so far. We are not always staying in the room but I find us all coming back to it some at different times for 30mins or so and each of the boys have take 2 to 3 hours of down time in the room so definitely glad we have a nice space. 

All in all just 3 days in and im not sure we can go under grand suite level again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

20190716_114525.jpg

20190716_141909.jpg

20190716_132512.jpg

20190716_183326.jpg

20190716_193050.jpg

20190716_190652.jpg

20190716_193429.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to post. I want to ask if you made the Hibachi reservations when you boarded?  I know they sell out and with the Unlimited pkg. I was curious how easy they were to come by.   Enjoy your time with your family! 

7 hours ago, mariefisher said:

Thank you for taking the time to post. I want to ask if you made the Hibachi reservations when you boarded?  I know they sell out and with the Unlimited pkg. I was curious how easy they were to come by.   Enjoy your time with your family! 

I emailed the concierge the week of sailing with our list. So probably about 5 days before sailing. 

Yesterday was st. Kitts. The night before st kitts was the marriage show which is always a favorite for us. Daughter is living staying out until the 1am crew - we are not young sle and fading 🤣🤣. On st kitts day,  We did a snorkel excursion that was perfect.  It didn't start until after 12 so no rush.  We ate at the wind jammer for the first time.  The catamaran was great.  The right about if fun time without drunks 😉 Leaving the area on the catamaran we went around the port,  a carnival ship was in port.  It was crazy to see how small it was compared to the Allure.  We snorkeled for over an hour.  When we were pulling back in there was a catamaran that my daughter proclaimed everyone wasted on 🤣🤣🤣 We got back to the ship breezing through security at port and on the ship. Plenty of time for showers before 6pm dinner. We had sushi at Izumi with our daughter.  The boys ditched us for Johnny Rockets instead.  Dd ran off to the living room but promptly came back saying it was shut down temporarily for an incident. She claims a young teen was drunk and biting security is the rumor mill - sounds crazy to me.  The ship was all a buzz with whether we were going to San Juan.  We are in port now - the staff last night seemed to think we would not.  Hubby and the boys are off to ride atvs. Dd and I are probably not going to get off the ship.  The plan was for us to just explore the city but news articles are saying fires were lit last night and tear gas and such. 

20190717_131621.jpg

20190717_131535.jpg

20190717_155307.jpg

20190717_130934.jpg

20190717_180400.jpg

20190717_192838.jpg

• Like 1

So we actually did stop at San Juan. The guys did the ATV excursion.  Hubby said the ATV employees were thrilled top have business. Daughter and I stayed on the ship.  Found out she could not get a massage which she was begging for.  They don't allow 12 yr olds. Her birthday is 4 months away.  We went to Chops and they did the steaks to perfection (we are from Texas and picky about steaks). I also finally found an awesome chocolate dessert!

Yesterday was also the first time during the day I ducked out in ther hall to use the bathroom since my son was showing after the atv. Not planned but having our room just about 3 doors from a public one made it easy to go there vs. Disturb my son. Overall loving the suite live and would definite pick this again over two regular rooms. 

• Like 1