Chartered flights to carribean

Hi, we’re looking at booking a cruise for March 2021. It’s the P&O B107 from Bridgetown to Southampton. I know it’s ages off yet, but I wondered how the flight aspect of the booking works, having always sailed from and returned to Southampton :

* How do you find out which airline you'll be flying with?

* Once booked, can you choose to swap to another airline?

* What do you do if you want to upgrade to premium/business from economy?

* Can you choose your own seats?

Any info from your own experiences would be greatly received,

Jo

On the last 4 cruises with flights to/from the Caribbean we have been on the Tui  Dreamliner which is a nice aircraft. I would talk to a travel agent as they may be able to give you that information and arrange any upgrade. Sometimes flight information is not available until six months before the cruise but as this is a chartered flight the travel agent should know.

Flight and therefore airline will be allocated and details will appear in the Persoanliser. This far ahead no one will know times/details although if all things remain equal P&O will still be mostly using TUI 787's or Thomas Cook A330s.   The only danger I can see to that continuing is the expansion of TUI's own cruise business which I suppose could lead to P&O having to use different airlines.

If you wish to upgrade then do so when you book as the allocation is apparently booked up early.

I don't know whether you can change airline ….I  suppose you could ask once allocated but some one I know who works for P&O tells me that you cannot make an airline choice a condition of booking ie "I will only book if you let me travel with x airline".  Most folk seem to prefer the TUI 787 which is fine bit we prefer the TC A330.  If another airline is important to you ie BA then you can book the cruise without the flight and book your airline tickets yourself but you don't get a price reduction.  the process in Barbados is slightly more cumbersome if you do this but many still do.

Specific seats are available for booking 14 weeks before your holiday and are chargeable.   Many again don't bother as its expensive but if its important to sit together then its probably safest.  My wife quite likes the prospect of 8 hours away frome me.     

Don't worry about it being ages away, we booked this cruise 3 months ago!  As the other replies have stated the flight information isn't available yet and cruise personaliser says it will be there 180 days before.  I must admit I'm not bothered which airline it is but I was under the impression that it would be either Thomas Cook or TUI.

Our Christmas cruise flights for this year were confirmed about 12 months in advance, we are flying Manchester to Bridgetown with Thomas Cook, not sure if that's the norm but they showed up on the personaliser months ago, 22 weeks today 🛫🛫🛫🚢🚢🚢🌞🌞🌞 not that I'm counting lol.

55 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

Don't worry about it being ages away, we booked this cruise 3 months ago!  As the other replies have stated the flight information isn't available yet and cruise personaliser says it will be there 180 days before.  I must admit I'm not bothered which airline it is but I was under the impression that it would be either Thomas Cook or TUI.

99% of the time it will. The only time it ever differed in 42 flights from Barbados on a P&O cruise was when I flew home from the Caribbean on Boxing Day. Then it was BA. Suffice to say it was an experience I never wanted to repeat. 

2 hours ago, zoe sproodle said:

See you on board 🙂