Jump to content

Taxi for 4+luggage at Seatac hard to get?


luvtravel
 Share

Recommended Posts

We're taking the Solstice to Alaska this coming Friday - 4 adults with 1 pc. of luggage each - and wondered how difficult it is to get a taxi that holds the 4 of us.

Have tried taxi websites but their info seems to only be for 2 people per cab.    Has anyone had experience with this?  Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, you will be fine. Once you collect your bags you will take an escalator or elevator up to level 4 and walk across the bridge and take an elevator (there is an escalator as well which is working once in a blue moon) down to level 3 which is where the cabs and ride shares are. Usually there are several cabs waiting most of which will be Prii but there should be vans as well. If not there will also be several black suburbans/limos for hire...you can sometimes get them cheaper than a cab. The weather is finally turning better just in time for your trip 🙂 .

Edited by fastpitchdad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We flew into Seatac on the 5th for our Alaska cruise. There were four of us with 8-10 pieces of luggage and some of them were pretty big. There is a person at the taxi stand helping people get taxis and we just told him we needed a minivan. He got us one immediately.  UberXL in theory might work but the ones we’ve taken don’t have enough room for that much luggage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone remember how much the taxi cost? I'm trying to weigh the benefit of say, shuttle express to the hotel near the needle vs taxi or uber xl. We would also be 4 with 8-10 pieces of luggage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rabbitjr said:

Does anyone remember how much the taxi cost? I'm trying to weigh the benefit of say, shuttle express to the hotel near the needle vs taxi or uber xl. We would also be 4 with 8-10 pieces of luggage.

 

UberXL will be about $60 but I think Cabs are flat rate of $40. You might want to call them...here is the link. On that web page it implies that if you pre-order a cab they will pick you up curbside which would be nice if you have a lot of luggage. 

 

The least expensive method would be to take the light rail from the airport parking garage to Westlake and then get a cab/uberXL from there (there is actually a monorail to the space needle from Westlake but I wouldn't recommend it with a bunch of luggage). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sign on the taxi and the taxi stand does say $40 but our fare was about $45. That may include some type of airport use fee, or maybe it was a little farther than what is considered downtown although we were staying at Hyatt Regency Downtown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, bluedevil72 said:

The sign on the taxi and the taxi stand does say $40 but our fare was about $45. That may include some type of airport use fee, or maybe it was a little farther than what is considered downtown although we were staying at Hyatt Regency Downtown. 

STILA limo (towncar I am sure) is $45 to downtown hotel.  We plan to use that to Hyatt Regency.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, luvtravel said:

We're taking the Solstice to Alaska this coming Friday - 4 adults with 1 pc. of luggage each - and wondered how difficult it is to get a taxi that holds the 4 of us.

Have tried taxi websites but their info seems to only be for 2 people per cab.    Has anyone had experience with this?  Thanks!!

Updating on my original question of this thread......the 4 of us and luggage walked out to join the taxi line, expecting probably to take 2 cars, but we were so surprised when the 4 of us plus our carryons and 4 big bags fit into the Urber..must have been an XL - worked just great and we didn't even have to wait for the taxi.   We don't recall exactly - but fare was about $45 or so for the 4 of us...was great!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...