I understand it's subjective. Allure -9/22/2019-11:00 AM flight home

So we are on the Allure.  9/15-9/22. There are great price flights out of Ft L. for 11:20 a.m.  I know it is highly subjective, but what are others experience in getting off the ship with self embark and over to the airport in time?

Should be no problem if Allure is docking at Port Everglades.  You can probably even do the normal luggage tag thing, as long as you get a number low enough to be off the ship by 8:45am or so.

2 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thanks. I was hoping to hear from you!  We usually only have one bag each so self debark. should be no problem.  We will most likely take Lyft or a taxi over. 

With self-assist disembarkation, you should easily be at the airport before 8am.

• Like 1

We self-embarked and we’re walking off the ship / through customs at 7:15am. We were at our airport gate at 8:05am. 

You should have no problem at all with an 11:20 flight as long as ship arrives on time. 

I've done an 8:30 and 9:30 flight from Ft Lauderdale.  I've also done an 11:20 flight.  I was nervous with the earlier ones, but decided to take a chance so I wouldn't have to wait until 5PM for a flight home.

On those flights I did self debarkation and was off the ship and at the airport by 7:00. For the later one, I also did self debarkation, but didn't leave the ship as early.

Too bad it isn’t an 11:30 flight.  With Luggage Valet you could have walked off with only your boarding pass.  No bother with the luggage. Fortunately our 11:50 departure back to Cincy in September allows Luggage Valet use.  Awesome service !  We’ll be getting off on the 15th as you’re arriving.  Only about 15 minutes to the airport.  Regards, Gerry. 

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments. I have usually done early afternoon, but it's always been long waits in the airport.  I am going to go for it.  Fingers crossed.  Wondering if we can to luggage valet w/ the 11:20. Only being 10 minutes off?

I don’t remember the port but we used valet 5 minutes before the “official” start time.  Not sure if I recommend it but we listed the correct airline and flight number but fudged the departure time to coincide with the official start time.

37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks!

Navigator out of Miami in October.  Returning to port on a Friday.  Thinking about an 11 a.m. flight.  Early disembark is no problem.

Should not be a problem, but I'd budget 30 minutes to get to the airport on a work morning.  Try to get 8am or earlier luggage tags.

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks!

Navigator out of Miami in October.  Returning to port on a Friday.  Thinking about an 11 a.m. flight.  Early disembark is no problem.

Which airport are you using,  Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Though, I don't really see a problem with either airport and that flight time.

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which airport are you using,  Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Though, I don't really see a problem with either airport and that flight time.

Flying out of Miami.  Flight is really at 11:17 am but Delta is famous for adjusting flight times.  It's too stressful for me to fly into one city and cruise out of the other.    I'd be a nervous Nelly.

Edited by parrotfeathers