Luggage Tags

Our daughter in law gave us luggage tags that seem to be holding up well.  They are clear plastic, with a metal ring that holds it on to the luggage.  You just insert the paper tags.  Before we got these we enclosed the paper tags in clear packing tape and stapled them on to the luggage.

• Like 1

The Chevron Luggage Tag set from Travelon makes your bags stylish and easy to spot either on an airport or cruise terminal. In bright, whimsical prints and features an ID tag and location for your name and address if lost.  

There are many types of luggage tags available on line and in the stores which would be sturdy and hold up to handling during travel.  Just google them to get ideas. 

But just FYI regarding luggage tags for specific cruises to identify ship and stateroom for luggage delivery on board from the port, those which can be downloaded and printed from your boarding docs are fine for the single use.  Just attach them once you arrive at the port of departure -  we do so at the pier prior to dropping of our luggage.  To be certain we usually attache two per suitcase in case one should detached.  You can also use inexpensive clear holders as well to secure them at the pier.

I have used clear heavy duty plastic luggage tags that I ordered online from favors by serendipity for at least 5-6 years, at least 4-5 times a year, and they are still going strong. Reasonably priced, easy to attach, and sturdy.

I have the plastic tags with the metal rings mentioned upthread, but in honesty what works is to fold the home-printed tags per their instructions and staple them around a luggage handle. They fold up thick enough not to tear easily.

I used to just cover the printed tags with clear packing tape, but found it was easier just to order an 8 pack of clear tags from Amazon.  I have used the same tags for multiple cruises and they hold up well.  The printed tags are inserted in the clear plastic tag slots, which makes it so the tags will hold up if exposed to water and they will not tear off of the luggage. I place a tag on the top handle of the luggage and another one on the side handle so that if one were to accidentally come off, there is still another tag.

When I cruise on Carnival and can go straight to my cabin, no tags are necessary.  However, the Amazon tags come in handy when I need to check my baggage.  Amazon sells sizes that will fit different cruise lines and they are all under $10 for a set.

Another vote for the clear plastic luggage tag holders. Inexpensive, durable and easy to use. Easier than folding, taping and stapling paper tags. And they can be used for non-cruise travel as well.

Edited by SantaFeFan

8 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Another vote for the clear plastic luggage tag holders. Inexpensive, durable and easy to use. Easier than folding, taping and stapling paper tags. And they can be used for non-cruise travel as well.

We also use one inside each suitcase with our names, contact info (phone and email; not home address), and itinerary in case our suitcase gets lost and loses the outside tag.

19 hours ago, Ready to Sail 500 said:

Has anyone used luggage tags they felt would hold up and be able to be used repeatedly.  Looking at reviews, some people liked them, others said not worth buying. 

We just use a few pieces of clear packing tape around the paper printout and then staple it to the luggage handle.  I put the tags on at home prior to flying to Fairbanks and they stayed put through our 6 day land tour with multiple hotel stops and made it to our cabin on the ship no problem.  Keep it simple, it works!

19 hours ago, gunnywife said:

Our daughter in law gave us luggage tags that seem to be holding up well.  They are clear plastic, with a metal ring that holds it on to the luggage.  You just insert the paper tags.  Before we got these we enclosed the paper tags in clear packing tape and stapled them on to the luggage.

We also use the clear plastic. We won a set while on an RCI ship in 2014.

Amazon

Search for your cruise line (there are more than one size format for them) and "luggage tag" or "luggage tag holder"

I also have the plastic sleeves with the metal cable to attach.