Holiday Cruise and Specialty Restaurant

Hello all,

We are booked on our first ever Holiday Cruise on the Koningsdam this year.  This cruise includes both Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

So, question - are there special menu items in the MDR for Christmas and NY Eve?  Or, should we be thinking about booking a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants to celebrate those evenings? 

Honestly, we have been so happy with the meals in the MDR in the past that, at this point, we only occasionally get to a specialty restaurant.

Thoughts?

Thank you !

Last year, New Year’s Eve in the Pinnacle on the Koningsdam was the second worst meal I have ever had. Anywhere. And it wasn’t just me. The two other couples at our table left during the meal. They served a poorly constructed appetizer, bad, cold, pork tenderloin (not even beef), and a desert a 4 year old could have made- a few berries in a pre-made chocolate shell. We really wished we had gone to the MDR. We did let the manager know of our experience.

I hope they do better this year. We’re going to be on the NS and plan on dining in the MDR.