Family veranda on Summit

SSAtlantic

Can anyone tell me how the beds work in a corner family veranda M class? It shows as 2 squares and I see in photos there are 2 sofas in that area. If one is needed as a bed, which one and when made

up as a bed, how accessible is the balcony? 

One of the sofas is a sofa-bed that when pulled out sleeps 2 people.  The other does not pull out, but can be made into a bed that sleeps 1 person.  When the sofa-bed is pulled out it does make it tighter to get to the balcony, but you can squeeze between the two sofas.  The pull-out sofa was on the right side of the cabin when we had it on Summit a few years ago, but that could have changed by now.

• Like 1

We sailed on the summit in a corner FV two years ago.  We found that it took up so much space that we had the smaller one as a bed, one kid slept on the couch, and our youngest slept in the middle of the bed between us.  That said, they will come in and take down the foldout bed everyday.  We just found that it was super uncomfortable anyways and was in the way at the times we were in the room, so we opted for a different sleeping arrangement.

3 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Can anyone tell me how the beds work in a corner family veranda M class? It shows as 2 squares and I see in photos there are 2 sofas in that area. If one is needed as a bed, which one and when made

up as a bed, how accessible is the balcony? 

We were in a Summit corner FV back in 2010 (and an Infinity corner FV in 2017).  In both cases, when the beds were made up (one folded out and one did not) there was only a 12 inch corridor between the beds and a narrower corridor between the fold out bed and the fixed furniture.  So you kinda had to shuffle your way thru.  This is true for both a corner and non-corner FV.

But with the Revolutionized Summit, there is completely new furniture and I believe the new furniture will provide a different experience--which I have none.

Summit FV 8166.jpg

Summit corner FV 8166, Aug 12 2010

Edited by mahdnc

We would only need a bed for DD so maybe the single couch would work. Thanks for the picture, it does help in the decision making. We usually book a quad on the slant and she takes the upper pulldown so we don’t have the space issue.