Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
CraftyMomster2112

Your favorite cooking class onboard?

Recommended Posts

My sister and I did the “If It Swims” cooking class on Marina last week and it was fantastic!   Kathy mentioned that she wished she had done every cooking class they offered, and I wondered if anyone here had a favorite class.  I would love a pastry class, if they offered one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find the program for our cruise but it was pretty geared toward the itinerary.  I also can't find the a recent thread where I posted.  I know my way around a kitchen pretty well.  Above average home cook.  I pretty much got the advice that I'd likely not learn much if anything but that it's fun.  If that gives you any perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clo said:

I can't find the program for our cruise but it was pretty geared toward the itinerary.  I also can't find the a recent thread where I posted.  I know my way around a kitchen pretty well.  Above average home cook.  I pretty much got the advice that I'd likely not learn much if anything but that it's fun.  If that gives you any perspective.

I did learn that I can dredge and bread a protein, then refrigerate it and cook it later.  But in general, just hanging out with Chef Steff (former assistant to Julia Child and Jacques Pepin himself!) was awesome all by itself.  We adored her.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the class about Lemons - sorry I cannot remember the exact name of it.  It was fantastic.  I have used the recipes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aquidneck1 said:

We did the class about Lemons - sorry I cannot remember the exact name of it.  It was fantastic.  I have used the recipes.  

PUCKER UP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can find some of the classes listed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/life-on-board/culinary-center/

we had a couple of different ones on our northern crossing in April

 

once the are up for your cruise  look under MY ACCOUNT   then  OTHER tab (I think) 

You will see  the ones that will be on your sailing  with dates & times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, LHT28 said:

you can find some of the classes listed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/life-on-board/culinary-center/

we had a couple of different ones on our northern crossing in April

 

once the are up for your cruise  look under MY ACCOUNT   then  OTHER tab (I think) 

You will see  the ones that will be on your sailing  with dates & times

Yes I just found it under other options in my reservation  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 7:22 AM, LHT28 said:

you can find some of the classes listed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/life-on-board/culinary-center/

we had a couple of different ones on our northern crossing in April

 

once the are up for your cruise  look under MY ACCOUNT   then  OTHER tab (I think) 

You will see  the ones that will be on your sailing  with dates & times

Thanks for that.  I KNEW I had seen ours but couldn't remember where.  And it confirmed that I have no interest in them.  The only ones that weren't "Latin" based were something life "knife skills" which I'm hopelessly adept at :).  And I was surprised that our only sea day didn't have a class.  Wonder why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the cost of the cooking classes and are they usually offered on sea days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the cooking class on your sea day is sold out already and they don't bother posting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carlsbadguy said:

What is the cost of the cooking classes and are they usually offered on sea days.

$69 USD

Usually they have 2 on a sea day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

Maybe the cooking class on your sea day is sold out already and they don't bother posting it?

That could well be.  I had looked at them previously and wasn't interested so really don't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked Argentina Delicioso and Red Ginger classes for me and my husband our December cruise. Looking forward!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

I just booked Argentina Delicioso and Red Ginger classes for me and my husband our December cruise. Looking forward!

Is that by any chance 12/7 Rio to Buenos Aires on the Marina?  Cause we're going that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, clo said:

Is that by any chance 12/7 Rio to Buenos Aires on the Marina?  Cause we're going that.

Nope, Riviera in the Caribbean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...