Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
rerepunim

Packing for transatlantic

Recommended Posts

On the Crown? I'll be taking a light windbreaker for our time in London. I'll have a couple of pairs of dress pants, shorts, dress shirts, polo shirts, and T-shirts. Three pairs of shoes will be enough: sneakers, Timberlands, and fabric Crocs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from Florida you will be cold in London.  Late September/October is already winter temperatures.  Take sweaters and a warm coat, and of course, an umbrella.  As you cross the Atlantic, the weather will gradually get warmer until you reach Florida, so you need some clothes for all seasons.

Hazel (ex-UK)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Layers, including a rain jacket. Will be cool on the open ocean. Should get warmer a few days out from Ft. Lauderdale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, skynight said:

Layers, including a rain jacket. Will be cool on the open ocean. Should get warmer a few days out from Ft. Lauderdale.

This is the right response.  We have done this a couple of times now and the sensible approach is to pack light layers not heavy coats or sweaters.  This way you save on flight baggage weight and have the flexibility of being able to  remove or add light layers to adjust for temp changes.

A light rain jacket is a must for when we are in England at that time of year.  Bruges, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Lisbon and the Azores will be better and the TA portion will be cooler until we get closer to Port Everglades.

And, yes we are on the Caribbean Princes voyage and that's how we are packing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve also done several Transatlantics and as others have said, the secret is layers.  From short sleeved t’s to long sleeved t’s to a fleece vest to a medium-light jacket ... plus a rain shell or umbrella. Using these in various combinations will give you everything you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skynight said:

Layers, including a rain jacket. Will be cool on the open ocean. Should get warmer a few days out from Ft. Lauderdale.

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grego said:

This is the right response.  We have done this a couple of times now and the sensible approach is to pack light layers not heavy coats or sweaters.  This way you save on flight baggage weight and have the flexibility of being able to  remove or add light layers to adjust for temp changes.

A light rain jacket is a must for when we are in England at that time of year.  Bruges, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Lisbon and the Azores will be better and the TA portion will be cooler until we get closer to Port Everglades.

And, yes we are on the Caribbean Princes voyage and that's how we are packing.

good info thanks, and so probably not a good idea to reserve Sanctuary for the whole cruise ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

We’ve also done several Transatlantics and as others have said, the secret is layers.  From short sleeved t’s to long sleeved t’s to a fleece vest to a medium-light jacket ... plus a rain shell or umbrella. Using these in various combinations will give you everything you need.

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

We’ve also done several Transatlantics and as others have said, the secret is layers.  From short sleeved t’s to long sleeved t’s to a fleece vest to a medium-light jacket ... plus a rain shell or umbrella. Using these in various combinations will give you everything you need.

got my umbrella :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...