Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lottacruises

Do nude cruises have the same cruise director?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

First, I'm not sure if any of these ports have a clothing optional place, unless it's some sort of private resort, and may not be open to day visitors. You would need to do a search on Google for each port to find out. Second, no such excursion (if there is one)would be offered through Carnival. If you opt to book this cruise, and don't want to put clothes on to go ashore, you do have the option of not getting dressed and stay on board.

 

Not true at all, all of the excursion, clothed and clothing optional are booked on the Carnival website just like any other excursion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

I only know what I have read, but for all the ports, except mahogany bay, you have to be clothes while the ship is at port. Mahogany bay you can go nude as long as you are within carnivals area. 

 

And yeah, a lot of sunscreen would be needed for anyone that hasn't already gotten that all over tan, I am sure!

 

True On the ship while in port you must be clothed from the time the Pilot boards coming into port to the time the Pilot leave sailing away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to remember, it is a CLOTHING OPTIONAL cruise NOT a "NUDE" cruise.  You never have to take off a stitch of clothing if you don'y want to, and some people never do.  A few book just to be guaranteed to have no children on a cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

They do not keep track of towels.  The big blue towels in the pool area are just handed out without checking them out as is practice on a "textile" cruise.  They say there would be the usual fee for the beach towels left in your stateroom if they went missing, but they gave us 4 to start and we ended up with 6 at the end of the last cruise so they apparently were not worried about the towels.  Most of us have our own towels designed to fit over lounge chairs and not blow away anyway, so that is also in the mix.

Do you use the blue towels in the dining room? Our son and wife said white bath size towels were provided for them at the entrance to the MDR on Carnival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Do you use the blue towels in the dining room? Our son and wife said white bath size towels were provided for them at the entrance to the MDR on Carnival. 

 

You have to have clothes on in the dinning room. 

 

The interior parts of the ship have bins of white bath size towels, the dark blue towels are out by the pool, yellow towels are in the Serenity area and stay there, the light blue "beach towels" are in your room.  You can carry around one towel if you want or not bother and just pick up one wherever you are.

Edited by K&RCurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I only know what I have read, but for all the ports, except mahogany bay, you have to be clothes while the ship is at port. Mahogany bay you can go nude as long as you are within carnivals area. 

 

And yeah, a lot of sunscreen would be needed for anyone that hasn't already gotten that all over tan, I am sure!

 

It's been about 4 years since we were at Mahogany Bay. I don't recall there being a "clothing optional" area at the beach, unless that's something that's only offered on a clothing optional cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beachbum53 said:

 

It's been about 4 years since we were at Mahogany Bay. I don't recall there being a "clothing optional" area at the beach, unless that's something that's only offered on a clothing optional cruise.

Only on the C/O cruise and then it is the entire beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've found that people who choose be CO or swingers are very respectful and down to earth people, so this cruise sounds like something I could be interested in, although we don't fall into either of those categories. We just like respectful, honest and down to earth people.

Edited by Sean_B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

 

 

Thanks!! Yes, this is what I was looking for. Do they do the same deck parties, hairy chest, etc???

 

Also, for those that can't look away, look at this amazing itinerary!

 

 

IMG_20190715_123605.png

Should be a nice visit to Colon. It's at the bottom (of the itinerary).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, brandi0727 said:

Let's all hope that after they've had their naked fun,  the ship is completely sterilized from top to bottom before the next sailing!  

We sailed 3 weeks after a nude cruise and lots of talk still on ship. Head waiter did tell us that clothing was required in MDF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scoreboard2017 said:

Should be a nice visit to Colon. It's at the bottom (of the itinerary).

This is on the Carnival Legend. The Green Thunder ride should be interesting on this charter.

Best-Carnival-Cruise-Ship-for-Families-C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only been on one nude cruise because  the club where I have been a member for a few decades is AANR [family friendly] and children are barred from participating in them. There is a regular Carnival Cruise Director, who does not have to work as hard because there is also a cruise director from the company puting the ruise together as well. Some people dress for dinner as they would on any cruise, and others will wear see-through or similar clothing. [you MUST dress forthe mdr at night] the biggest difference, in my opinion is the price, easily more than twice as expensive [at least it was way back when I went on a nude cruise] 

 

Though I am a nudist, I , apart from the cost, I don't think I would go on another nude cruise. Whenever we vacation, we like to bring kids, grandkids, and/or great-grandkids, which is not something that you can do on a nude cruise. At our club, we have about 450 members, all carefully vetted before they became members. Though we make visitors feel welcome, they are being watched by tthe members to make sure they are not staring at children or leering at women[or men] It is a "safe place", which can no way be assured of on a nude cruise. 

 

When I go on a regular "textile" cruise, I have no problem with spending half of my time clothed, and the other half of my time nekkid on the balcony. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, brandi0727 said:

Let's all hope that after they've had their naked fun,  the ship is completely sterilized from top to bottom before the next sailing!  

In 2013 my wife and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom on the very first sailing after the" Big Naked Boat" cruise. My wife's entire carry on bag was filled with Clorox wipes and Lysol.

When we got to our room we found what may or may not have been a skid mark on the couch! My Honey went crazy with the wipes and Lysol!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ecarbine said:

In 2013 my wife and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom on the very first sailing after the" Big Naked Boat" cruise. My wife's entire carry on bag was filled with Clorox wipes and Lysol.

When we got to our room we found what may or may not have been a skid mark on the couch! My Honey went crazy with the wipes and Lysol!!!

 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2d1f3f6e6f69704d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ecarbine said:

In 2013 my wife and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom on the very first sailing after the" Big Naked Boat" cruise. My wife's entire carry on bag was filled with Clorox wipes and Lysol.

When we got to our room we found what may or may not have been a skid mark on the couch! My Honey went crazy with the wipes and Lysol!!!

 

Couldn’t do it. I would be sleeping in the closet since I figure that wasn’t used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to address both those making comments about the "ugliness" of many nudists, and the lack of cleanliness. Nudists never sit down before placing a towel down first. This is one of the reasons that most nudists fifth wheels are ussually as spotless and in great shape when they sell them as they were when brand new. As far as the people who feel that "unnatractive" people should stay covered. I would be one of those people. I am 65 years old and given birth to 4 children. Things look different as a body ages, though in my opinion, still beautiful [and as a nudist I felt this same way when I was young] 

 

Shortly after being diagnosed with breast cancer a number of years ago, I found a support forum online [breastcancer.org] It was awesome because there were different threads for the different stages, where you were in treatment, etc.] It really helped me during a very difficult time in my life. I am still friends with some of those who are still living. We would discuss our fears, our losses, our marriages, the "fun" of being" sliced, poisoned, burnt, balded and mutilated", and, for many of us, for some strange reason, the series Spartacus on Showtime. 

 

One woman, whose double mastectomy was just a day or 2 before mine, and I, grew especially close. We compared notes alot. I told her that 2 days after surgery I went up to the ranch [Mountain Air Ranch Nudist Resort, the second oldest grounded nudist club in the united States. voted friendliest Many times!] in a robe. I said "Wanna see something REAAAAALY scary?!?" and dropped my robe exposing my red angry, slashed, breastless, nippless chest with tubes and bags to collect the fluids.  And I never felt uncomfortable showing people. 

 

My friend, on the other hand, had such a difficult time accepting the changes in her body. It was 5 MONTHS after her mastectomy that she uncovered her mirror in her bathroom and LOOKED at her body. 5 MONTHS. I was so sad about this, but it also made me realize that living so many years as a nudist, finding beauty in the old, the different sized, the disfigured, the scars[ I have yet to see a body without scars] made me see the beauty in myself, even during this time. I know that it would have been more difficult if I was not a nudist.

 

So, sorry for getting "rambly" but all of the jokes about the aesthetics of most human bodies, and the ccracks about being less than sanitary, I felt compelled to address.

 

Also, I am Autistic, and most CLOTHES HURT! Alot!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

 

Couldn’t do it. I would be sleeping in the closet since I figure that wasn’t used.

 

I'd hate to tell you what thousands of people have done on your bed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

 

I'd hate to tell you what thousands of people have done on your bed

 

Yeah, I second that thought.  Same as with any hotel room.  If you think people on a regular cruise don't sleep naked, walk around the room naked, sit on the balcony naked, or lounge in their room naked, then you are very naive lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ishap said:

 

Yeah, I second that thought.  Same as with any hotel room.  If you think people on a regular cruise don't sleep naked, walk around the room naked, sit on the balcony naked, or lounge in their room naked, then you are very naive lol.  

 

I do disinfect the entire room. I can’t do the entire ship unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

 

 

If you have any specific questions, please ask, I will be happy to answer for you.

 

 

I have a question- does the kids club staff just get off for this cruise, or are they assigned to other duties?  It's not important, just simple curiosity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logistically, it's hard for any of the crew just to get off the ship for two weeks.

 

They need hotels, transportation, food etc... All of which they get for free if they stay onboard.  Now those that are coincidentally going on vacation immediately after that, they may choose to take a couple of extra weeks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do non CO people sail on these cruises?  I know the cruise line likes to sail with a full ship.  I can't imagine several thousand CO people wanting to cruise at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

I would like to address both those making comments about the "ugliness" of many nudists, and the lack of cleanliness. Nudists never sit down before placing a towel down first. This is one of the reasons that most nudists fifth wheels are ussually as spotless and in great shape when they sell them as they were when brand new. As far as the people who feel that "unnatractive" people should stay covered. I would be one of those people. I am 65 years old and given birth to 4 children. Things look different as a body ages, though in my opinion, still beautiful [and as a nudist I felt this same way when I was young] 

 

Shortly after being diagnosed with breast cancer a number of years ago, I found a support forum online [breastcancer.org] It was awesome because there were different threads for the different stages, where you were in treatment, etc.] It really helped me during a very difficult time in my life. I am still friends with some of those who are still living. We would discuss our fears, our losses, our marriages, the "fun" of being" sliced, poisoned, burnt, balded and mutilated", and, for many of us, for some strange reason, the series Spartacus on Showtime. 

 

One woman, whose double mastectomy was just a day or 2 before mine, and I, grew especially close. We compared notes alot. I told her that 2 days after surgery I went up to the ranch [Mountain Air Ranch Nudist Resort, the second oldest grounded nudist club in the united States. voted friendliest Many times!] in a robe. I said "Wanna see something REAAAAALY scary?!?" and dropped my robe exposing my red angry, slashed, breastless, nippless chest with tubes and bags to collect the fluids.  And I never felt uncomfortable showing people. 

 

My friend, on the other hand, had such a difficult time accepting the changes in her body. It was 5 MONTHS after her mastectomy that she uncovered her mirror in her bathroom and LOOKED at her body. 5 MONTHS. I was so sad about this, but it also made me realize that living so many years as a nudist, finding beauty in the old, the different sized, the disfigured, the scars[ I have yet to see a body without scars] made me see the beauty in myself, even during this time. I know that it would have been more difficult if I was not a nudist.

 

So, sorry for getting "rambly" but all of the jokes about the aesthetics of most human bodies, and the ccracks about being less than sanitary, I felt compelled to address.

 

Also, I am Autistic, and most CLOTHES HURT! Alot!

 

 

Thank you for sharing. ❤

Edited by Butterbean1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...