Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
nicwithcandy

Drink package exceptions question

Recommended Posts

We are going on Anthem in September, we've been on RC cruise including Anthem many times, but I am contemplating a premium drink package for the first time, I know they require all people in the cabin to purchase the package, I have read that people have called and they have given you a Refreshment Package for a person instead, my husband doesn't really drink so two drink packages are def way too expensive, I was just wondering, do they still do this, meaning give one person a premium and the other a refreshment package? What reasons do people give to have them do it? Ideally I would love to get a Premium and just a soda package, but I'm sure they wouldn't do that. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they still are allowing one person to get Deluxe and the other to get Refreshment.  Just say the other person does not drink alcohol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your husband does not drink alcohol, but you do, I would call C&A and tell them your situation.  They will most likely allow you to purchase the deluxe beverage package & refreshment package.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nicwithcandy said:

We are going on Anthem in September, we've been on RC cruise including Anthem many times, but I am contemplating a premium drink package for the first time, I know they require all people in the cabin to purchase the package, I have read that people have called and they have given you a Refreshment Package for a person instead, my husband doesn't really drink so two drink packages are def way too expensive, I was just wondering, do they still do this, meaning give one person a premium and the other a refreshment package? What reasons do people give to have them do it? Ideally I would love to get a Premium and just a soda package, but I'm sure they wouldn't do that. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

Yes they still do it. You don't need a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, they still are allowing one person to get Deluxe and the other to get Refreshment.  Just say the other person does not drink alcohol.

thank you! I will call them tomorrow 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Yes they still do it. You don't need a reason. 

great, thank you 🙂 I'll have to call them. I have heard some people say they've called and they said no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO you guys know if they allow you to just do a soda package for the other person or does it have the more expensive Refreshment package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicwithcandy said:

DO you guys know if they allow you to just do a soda package for the other person or does it have the more expensive Refreshment package?

It has to be the refreshment package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

It has to be the refreshment package. 

That's what I figured. Thank you so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was told by bar staff on another ship that if you buy your Deluxe drink package when you board, only 1 needs to buy. I verified by commenting that all over 21 in the cabin has to buy it and he again stated that all over 21 have to buy if bought in advance on line. Once you board, they'll sell 1 person the Deluxe drink package. Sure you're missing out on $45-47 per day not incl. gratuity and on board pricing is around $63 per day not incl. gratuity but you're saving on not buying a package that nobody will use. Or you could wait until the 10 drink drink card is offered (usually around day 4), not everyone over 21 in the cabin  has to buy that either.

Edited by wolfcathorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing on Symphony next February. Same situation. Daughter drinks, I don't. Called Royal today and daughter bought the Deluxe Beverage Package for $57/day, plus tax and tip. I was able to buy the Refreshment Package for $28/day, plus tax and tip.

My refreshment package includes:

- Fountain soda and refills

- Coca Cola beverages

- Coca Cola souvenir cup

- Mocktails (non-alcoholic beverages like a cocktail)

- Bottled water/sparkling water

- Premium coffee/tea

- Fresh squeezed juices

These packages are also good at Coco Cay.

Will keep watching for price drop, then will cancel and rebook.

We were also able to use our $100 onboard credit toward our purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, barb65 said:

Sailing on Symphony next February. Same situation. Daughter drinks, I don't. Called Royal today and daughter bought the Deluxe Beverage Package for $57/day, plus tax and tip. I was able to buy the Refreshment Package for $28/day, plus tax and tip.

My refreshment package includes:

- Fountain soda and refills

- Coca Cola beverages

- Coca Cola souvenir cup

- Mocktails (non-alcoholic beverages like a cocktail)

- Bottled water/sparkling water

- Premium coffee/tea

- Fresh squeezed juices

These packages are also good at Coco Cay.

Will keep watching for price drop, then will cancel and rebook.

We were also able to use our $100 onboard credit toward our purchase.

 

There is no tax.  The only thing added to the per day price is 18% gratuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just called and did it, just told them hubby doesn't drink so they gave me the refreshment package for him, all is well! Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question .... 

There are 3 of us sailing on Quantum in October.  DH will buy a Deluxe Beverage package,  I'll get the Refreshment Package (I don't drink!) by calling them. Will my 16yr DD have to get a refreshment package too or can she get the soda package?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MsBehave said:

Quick question .... 

There are 3 of us sailing on Quantum in October.  DH will buy a Deluxe Beverage package,  I'll get the Refreshment Package (I don't drink!) by calling them. Will my 16yr DD have to get a refreshment package too or can she get the soda package?  

No she will not, its only for anyone in the room who is 21 and over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MsBehave said:

Quick question .... 

There are 3 of us sailing on Quantum in October.  DH will buy a Deluxe Beverage package,  I'll get the Refreshment Package (I don't drink!) by calling them. Will my 16yr DD have to get a refreshment package too or can she get the soda package?  


She can get the soda package if she wants it, but she's not required to get ANY package, since she's under 21yo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, barb65 said:

Sailing on Symphony next February. Same situation. Daughter drinks, I don't. Called Royal today and daughter bought the Deluxe Beverage Package for $57/day, plus tax and tip. I was able to buy the Refreshment Package for $28/day, plus tax and tip.

 

 

Prices you are getting are on the high side (most of ours would be $49-56 and $20-24).  You can cancel and rebook any of these if you see a lower price.  Normally you would do this online but with the Deluxe/Refreshment only bookable by calling you likely would need to call for the better price.  Who knows, maybe they will just refund the difference rather than doing separate cancel and book transactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LeeW said:

 

Prices you are getting are on the high side (most of ours would be $49-56 and $20-24).  You can cancel and rebook any of these if you see a lower price.  Normally you would do this online but with the Deluxe/Refreshment only bookable by calling you likely would need to call for the better price.  Who knows, maybe they will just refund the difference rather than doing separate cancel and book transactions.

It would be nice if they just refunded the difference however I’ve not seen any reports of that.  It’s always been a full cancel and rebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeeW said:

 

Prices you are getting are on the high side (most of ours would be $49-56 and $20-24).  You can cancel and rebook any of these if you see a lower price.  Normally you would do this online but with the Deluxe/Refreshment only bookable by calling you likely would need to call for the better price.  Who knows, maybe they will just refund the difference rather than doing separate cancel and book transactions.

Beverages are on sale right now. Its called Primed for Savings in answer to Amazon's Prime Day.The sale runs from July 15 to July 21 for sailings departing July 25, 2019 through February 15, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...