Solo travel on Princess

Hi all,

Just wondering how well Princess cater to solo travellers? I've never cruised solo before (and I'm not going solo this time, but travelling with my elderly parents to keep an eye on them to keep them out of mischief 🤣) . I thought maybe I could take the opportunity to meet some other cruisers as I am sort of travelling alone.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mum and son

On our many cruises, we have had mainly solo lady travellers on our table at TD in the MDR many times.  You will be fine as a soloist, if you want to 'lose your oldies, lol.😆

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

On our many cruises, we have had mainly solo lady travellers on our table at TD in the MDR many times.  You will be fine as a soloist, if you want to 'lose your oldies, lol.😆

If I walk at a normal pace I will lose my oldies 🤣

16 hours ago, mum and son said:

If I walk at a normal pace I will lose my oldies 🤣

They won't race off the ship to the tour bus to get front seats then, but you are young enough to do that, by jove.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, icat2000 said:

I travelled solo several times on Princess. They have solo gatherings. However, I never attended them. 

I've traveled solo many times and never found the solo gatherings to be very useful.

If you want to meet people I've found the best method is to go early to the first trivia and grab the best seating. Once the seating fills up one or more people will come and ask if they can sit with you. You say yes while sizing them up and if they seem OK you ask if they want to form a team with you. By the end of the game you will have a good idea as to whether you will get along with them. If so, you just ask if they want to keep the team going for the next one. If they don't like the look of you, they will say no and everybody goes on their own way.

Once there is a team, you are introduced. You can say hello wherever you meet, exchange pleasantries, and maybe even tag along together on excursions.

35 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

If you want to meet people I've found the best method is to go early to the first trivia and grab the best seating. Once the seating fills up one or more people will come and ask if they can sit with you. You say yes while sizing them up

Great advice 🙂