Newbie Questions - Harmony of the Seas

On 7/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, Momto2PrncChrmgs said:

Hi all, we just recently booked the 8/4 cruise on the Harmony after doing tons of research on Carnival, then having the cruise we wanted all booked up.  So, although I'm digging through threads and reading as much as I can, I still have lots of questions that I'm hoping you guys could answer!  (For background info, it'll be me and hubby, both mid-forties, and our two boys, 13 and 16.  Both athletic but a bit shy and awkward).

1.  Zoom surf and stream - should we get that for all of us?  Hubs and I will prob wants at least some access to email and social media.  Can the kids stream netflix at night on this?  We have unlimited data on our phones, but i'm assuming being in the middle of the ocean is different??

2.  Drink package - is there a limit to how many drinks you can have (including bottles of water)?  I thought on Carnival there was a limit, but not seeing one on RC.  If we get the deluxe for hubby and I, do we have to get the soda package for the kids?

3.  My Time Dining - when i went to sign up, all that was available was 830.  I thought I'd read somewhere that you have to go somehwere else to check in for different times??

4.  Are the pools and slides open in ports?  Again, I thought I saw that they were, but then always thought those things were shut down when in port.

5.  COFFEE - we booked a balcony room.  Where can i get coffee early in the morning to enjoy on the balcony when everyone else is still sleeping?

thank you all for any info.  I'm sure to most of you, this is easy stuff, but as the usual ULTIMATE planner, i'm freaking out here with this last minute trip!!!!

Not sure if anybody suggested this but with each deluxe alcohol package they give you a soda cup which is exactly the same as the one you get with the soda package.  Your kids can just use those.

1 hour ago, James Baird said:

Not sure if anybody suggested this but with each deluxe alcohol package they give you a soda cup which is exactly the same as the one you get with the soda package.  Your kids can just use those.

No they can’t!  You cannot share the alcohol or any other package. Kids need to have their own package. If you are caught sharing the package will be voided and no refunds. Kids might be physically carrying the cup, but if they are asked for their Seapass card it won’t show they have a package.

please don’t encourage people to break the rules!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, gatour said:

For non-Oasis class ships, the price limit is $13 and for Oasis it is $15.  If you choose a drink that cost more than that, you pay for the difference plus the gratuity on the difference.  So for a non-oasis class ship if you choose a drink that cost $15, you pay $2 plus 18% of $2.  similiar with the Oasis class ships.

Most drinks you would order under the plan, would be under the additional charge limit.

The reason why there is a difference between Non-Oasis class ships and Oasis class ships, is that Oasis class ships charge more for the same drinks as opposed Non-Oasis.

Unless there has been a change since last month, on Oasis the top price for drinks is $13 and if above that, one would have to pay the difference.   I was able to order Johnny Walker Double Black and it was included as was the wine I ordered for dinner as I told the waiters in the specialty restaurants I wanted something that was within my package.  It worked well for me.

No drink limits like in Carnival (15 alcoholic beverages a day, unlimited non alcoholic drinks).

Pools are open while in port. 

The MTD time of 8:30 is probably the only time that was left to make a reservation for. Some nights we make a reservation (show nights), and others we go to dinner at our convenience. It may be a short wait, but nothing more than 15 minutes (usually). We go to the dining room a little earlier (10-15 minutes) to account for the wait. 

We got one Surf and Stream package to share between us. I usually don’t check emails or social media while on vacation, the better half does. I only used it to stream some shows and the Dreamworks Parade on FB to give family members a chance to check out Royal’s activities compared to Carnival. 

You can can get coffee from room service, Cafe Promenade or Starbucks ($).

Room service has an automatic charge, though, correct?

DId someone say there was a non-Starbucks place to get mochas and frappechino's that is included in the deluxe drink package?

You all have been SO incredibly helpful.  Just when I think I'm ready, I start panicking and think of more questions!!  

1 minute ago, Momto2PrncChrmgs said:

Room service has an automatic charge, though, correct?

DId someone say there was a non-Starbucks place to get mochas and frappechino's that is included in the deluxe drink package?

You all have been SO incredibly helpful.  Just when I think I'm ready, I start panicking and think of more questions!!  

Room service is $7.95 +18% gratuity each time you order from the All Day Menu and the American breakfast menu.  You can order as much as you want at one time for this single fee.  There is a continental room breakfast menu that you can order from which will be free during breakfast hours.

Cafe Promenade on Harmony has the specialty coffee and is included in the drink package.