Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SabreSailor

Tables in Manfredi's and the Chef's Table

Recommended Posts

Can you help me with roughly how many tables there are in each of these restaurants and about how many people can be seated at one time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t provide you with specifics but both dining venues are fairly large with a variety of table size options that can seat 2, 4, 6 & even a couple of 8 person tables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SrCruizer said:

Can’t provide you with specifics but both dining venues are fairly large with a variety of table size options that can seat 2, 4, 6 & even a couple of 8 person tables.

Each side also has a private room that can accommodate 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read one review where the poster was told by the staff that The Chef’s Table shoots for 60 per seating. I’d guess maybe a few more at Manfredi’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless my memory is mistaken, In the case of the chef’s table, there is a divider of some sort so the restaurant feels like two smaller rooms. I don’t recall the divider in Manfredi’s but that could be the fault of the premium beverage package. 

 

The private dining room on the Manfredi side is quite nice with a beautiful table made from a single slab of wood (well at least the top!). We had a lovely dinner with 10 other folks from our roll call on our transatlantic. Great service and unlike the dining room which I find a little too acoustically lively, we were able to have great conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Unless my memory is mistaken, In the case of the chef’s table, there is a divider of some sort so the restaurant feels like two smaller rooms. I don’t recall the divider in Manfredi’s but that could be the fault of the premium beverage package. 

 

The private dining room on the Manfredi side is quite nice with a beautiful table made from a single slab of wood (well at least the top!). We had a lovely dinner with 10 other folks from our roll call on our transatlantic. Great service and unlike the dining room which I find a little too acoustically lively, we were able to have great conversation. 

 

I agree with your points, Clay (at least from my memory!).   The Chef's Table had that nice room wall/divider that made for a much more intimate, quieter set of dining rooms.   I love your comment - the main dining room in Manfredi's was "too acoustically lively" !  Couldn't agree more.  My wife is harder of hearing and we found it too difficult to converse there.  One big party.  But it's good that there are choices for eating on Viking.  

The separate room in Manfredi's we did not see, but heard about from friends whose CC Meet&Mingle was there - they said they only had 8 people sign up so it was quite good.   Our Meet&Mingle's have been pretty large events in the WinterGarden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

 

I agree with your points, Clay (at least from my memory!).   The Chef's Table had that nice room wall/divider that made for a much more intimate, quieter set of dining rooms.   I love your comment - the main dining room in Manfredi's was "too acoustically lively" !  Couldn't agree more.  My wife is harder of hearing and we found it too difficult to converse there.  One big party.  But it's good that there are choices for eating on Viking.  

The separate room in Manfredi's we did not see, but heard about from friends whose CC Meet&Mingle was there - they said they only had 8 people sign up so it was quite good.   Our Meet&Mingle's have been pretty large events in the WinterGarden.

 

Manfredi's is divided into two sections. We were seated up against the divider once. It helped with acoustical liveliness but then again there were just two of us at the table. In Manfredi's, at any given time, there is rarely a table empty (unless it is awaiting a reservation). Quite the opposite in CT, where is possible to spend the entire evening with no one at any of the contiguous tables. I also think that there is something about the CT that makes people behave more circumspectly.

 

The separate room you heard about may have been a space called the Kitchen Table, which is different from the private dining rooms. I have heard of smaller M&Ms being scheduled for that space but I don't think I have heard about them being held in the private dining rooms attached to the two specialty dining rooms.

 

Sorry we have gotten on to the topic of Manfredi's because now I am craving the mussels in saffron sauce...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have reserved the private dining room by Manfredi’s on a number of our cruises. We usually travel with 8-10 in our party, so it’s a nice place for us to go for a special occasion. Our travel agent makes the reservation in advance of our cruise. 

I will say that on our last cruise the service we had in the private room was pretty poor: inaccurate orders, food preparation was way below the usual high standard, and the server just could not get the wine order correct (I believe she wasn’t familiar with the wines and also may have had a little difficulty with English). That being said, we will reserve again when we have a sufficient number of people to justify using the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I agree with your points, Clay (at least from my memory!).   The Chef's Table had that nice room wall/divider that made for a much more intimate, quieter set of dining rooms.   I love your comment - the main dining room in Manfredi's was "too acoustically lively" !  Couldn't agree more.  My wife is harder of hearing and we found it too difficult to converse there.  One big party.  But it's good that there are choices for eating on Viking.  
The separate room in Manfredi's we did not see, but heard about from friends whose CC Meet&Mingle was there - they said they only had 8 people sign up so it was quite good.   Our Meet&Mingle's have been pretty large events in the WinterGarden.
The "room divider" bisecting Chef's Table doubles as a two-sided wine display case, which makes it somewhat transparent, so you can partially see through to the other side. The divider wall in Manfredi's is (iirc) a proper wall, making it less obvious that there are two sections.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...