Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ShaniBell

Is the Havana Premium Vista Balcony Worth It?

Recommended Posts

Title pretty much says it all.  We are currently booked in a Havana Aft View Extended Balcony.  I was browsing and noticed a Havana Premium Vista Balcony cabin is available two doors over from our current cabin.  Is worth upgrading to?  We are sailing for my 50th birthday with several other people and I'm thinking the larger balcony would be a nice option for gatherings during the week or for just hanging out as there are three sea days on our itinerary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the cabin we had for my 50th this past April. We loved it, loved the room, the balcony, the Havana, everything. We traveled with another couple and watched several sunsets on the balcony.

 

I don’t know the differences between this cabin and the one you currently have however. 

Edited by Beachiekeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

This is the cabin we had for my 50th this past April. We loved it, loved the room, the balcony, the Havana, everything. We traveled with another couple and watched several sunsets on the balcony.

 

I don’t know the differences between this cabin and the one you currently have however. 

 

Thank you!  I was actually just looking at your pictures from your birthday trip recap.  The only real difference, that I can see, is the larger balcony.  Square footage on the room is identical just laid out a bit differently.  Where was the sofa situated in your cabin?  From the floor plan it looks like it's almost in an entry hallway and not really useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There wasn’t a sofa, just two chairs and a small table I think actually. We didn’t miss it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We had 7459 for our 25th Anniversary last May. Aft wrap on the Vista.
Loved it. No couch, 2 chairs and a table. Did not bother us.

Back secret stairs 2 flights down to the Havana area. (Aft Port side)

I call them secret as we never saw anyone on them but us.

 

Just came off the Magic and had the Aft Wrap, we had 7 family members on this cruise, Aft wrap was the hang out each morning puling in Port, departing and meeting for dinner. Guys woud hang out on the balcony while the girls did there thing.

 

We are booked on the Sunrise in Sept Aft Wrap, Next May on the Horizon Aft Wrap same cabin 7459 as the Vista.

 

Your cabin will be the meeting place for sure.

Ask for extra chairs if you want.

 

 I loved being able to see where we were going and where we have been.

 

I can't and won't do another cruise without the Aft Wrap.

Spoiled now.

 

 

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be needed.  I had a Havana Cabana cabin and we never used our patio area, we just went to the Havana area to meet or hang out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

It may not be needed.  I had a Havana Cabana cabin and we never used our patio area, we just went to the Havana area to meet or hang out.  

 

Not everyone in our group will be staying in Havana Cabins so that may not be an option during certain times of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did Havana on the Horizon in March.  At this point I would take an inside Havana over non-Havana it was so wonderful.  Because you are two floors above the main Havana, there is no issue with non-Havana guests coming to your room.  It is a bit more difficult on the lower floor as cards are checked and people are asked to leave.  Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

7459 was our cabin also.  

Great minds think alike ! 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth it for me depends on the price so I would need that to comment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdemps said:

Worth it for me depends on the price so I would need that to comment...

 

It's about $400 more total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on your definition of worth it. Such a room sounds 2-3x more than a regular interior. It would have the same food, same entertainment, same ports, most of the same experiences as a cheaper room. Now Havana does come with a few extra perks. You have to decide if it's worth it to YOU, doesn't matter what others think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We where in 6469 on Horizon aft Havana wrap balcony and it was wonderful. We spent more time on our balcony than ever before but as long as your in Havana I am not sure if it would be worth an extra $400. To get into the Havana absolutely.  Our room had a couch and was a great size . I think the balcony's and rooms get a bit smaller the higher up you go. I have only stayed in one but that is how the videos make them look. 

 

On deck 6 we used the "secret" stairs to go up and down and it was very easy to come and go from our room. While sailing in the Caribbean the sun was to powerful for us hang out on your balcony but in the pool in Havana was perfect. We did spend most evenings in loungers on our balcony just watching the wake. 

 

Now its not exactly private at least deck 6 wasn't. If people where in the hot tub and turned around they could see us on our balcony and we could hear muffled convos from the pool.  Yes its open to the public in the evening and people use it because they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, thesmiths said:

We had 7459 for our 25th Anniversary last May. Aft wrap on the Vista.
Loved it. No couch, 2 chairs and a table. Did not bother us.

Back secret stairs 2 flights down to the Havana area. (Aft Port side)

I call them secret as we never saw anyone on them but us.

 

Just came off the Magic and had the Aft Wrap, we had 7 family members on this cruise, Aft wrap was the hang out each morning puling in Port, departing and meeting for dinner. Guys woud hang out on the balcony while the girls did there thing.

 

We are booked on the Sunrise in Sept Aft Wrap, Next May on the Horizon Aft Wrap same cabin 7459 as the Vista.

 

Your cabin will be the meeting place for sure.

Ask for extra chairs if you want.

 

 I loved being able to see where we were going and where we have been.

 

I can't and won't do another cruise without the Aft Wrap.

Spoiled now. 

  

 

Agree with being spoiled after sailing on an Aft Warp.  Unfortunately, they can be hard to come by if not impossible. Have tried several times to no avail.  A Cove balcony is a close second for me.  Small balcony but nice being so close to the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone!  At this point we are playing musical staterooms.  We now have four rooms booked for this cruise across multiple friends and family members.  Three of the rooms are in the Havana area and one is on Deck 8. 

 

We want to move from our extended aft to the wrap aft.  We want to move "deck 8" to a Havana Room.

 

At this point, I'm thinking to just move the deck 8 to the Aft Wrap cabin and then switch rooms around on board so that they end up taking my current cabin and we take the aft wrap cabin that is if my PVP can't just do it ahead of time without charging me multiple times for upgrading rooms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes!!!!  I loved it when we did it on the Carnival Vista Havana area.  We were on floor 7 on the corner. Booked it again on the Dream (but it is not a Havana room) and friends booked next door aft facing balcony.

 

Don't walk out on your balcony naked, though.  They can see you from the hot tub in the Havana area below. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, Jenjer said:

We where in 6469 on Horizon aft Havana wrap balcony and it was wonderful. We spent more time on our balcony than ever before but as long as your in Havana I am not sure if it would be worth an extra $400. To get into the Havana absolutely.  Our room had a couch and was a great size . I think the balcony's and rooms get a bit smaller the higher up you go. I have only stayed in one but that is how the videos make them look. 

 

On deck 6 we used the "secret" stairs to go up and down and it was very easy to come and go from our room. While sailing in the Caribbean the sun was to powerful for us hang out on your balcony but in the pool in Havana was perfect. We did spend most evenings in loungers on our balcony just watching the wake. 

 

Now its not exactly private at least deck 6 wasn't. If people where in the hot tub and turned around they could see us on our balcony and we could hear muffled convos from the pool.  Yes its open to the public in the evening and people use it because they can.

Is the secret stairs on deck 7, too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Is the secret stairs on deck 7, too?

If he told you it wouldn’t be a secret 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, ShaniBell said:

Thanks everyone!  At this point we are playing musical staterooms.  We now have four rooms booked for this cruise across multiple friends and family members.  Three of the rooms are in the Havana area and one is on Deck 8. 

 

We want to move from our extended aft to the wrap aft.  We want to move "deck 8" to a Havana Room.

 

At this point, I'm thinking to just move the deck 8 to the Aft Wrap cabin and then switch rooms around on board so that they end up taking my current cabin and we take the aft wrap cabin that is if my PVP can't just do it ahead of time without charging me multiple times for upgrading rooms.  

Why not just move the deck 8 room to an inside room in the Havana area.  Since your aft corner balcony will be the meeting place, they can save some money and use those savings towards Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the stairs go to 7 and I bet 8 too. If your facing the Havana Bar they are to your right. Trust me they are easy to find and use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn between going with the wrap around or keeping my aft-extended view.  I've got both holding and need to decide by tomorrow.   This will be my hubby's 50th birthday (will be on the ship the day of his bday).   Just the two of us on this cruise and trying to decide if that wrap around is worth the additional $580 over the aft-extended view.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cuppy said:

I'm torn between going with the wrap around or keeping my aft-extended view.  I've got both holding and need to decide by tomorrow.   This will be my hubby's 50th birthday (will be on the ship the day of his bday).   Just the two of us on this cruise and trying to decide if that wrap around is worth the additional $580 over the aft-extended view.   

 

I personally would go with the wrap around. We are staying in one of the aft view Havana balconies on our next cruise on the Vista only because the corner was booked.

 

(I would not pay extra for the premium side view one, though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:31 PM, ShaniBell said:

Title pretty much says it all.  We are currently booked in a Havana Aft View Extended Balcony.  I was browsing and noticed a Havana Premium Vista Balcony cabin is available two doors over from our current cabin.  Is worth upgrading to?  We are sailing for my 50th birthday with several other people and I'm thinking the larger balcony would be a nice option for gatherings during the week or for just hanging out as there are three sea days on our itinerary.

Absolutely worth it, it is our go to cabin. We have found that each is a little different, on deck 6 on the Splendor there was a couch, on the Dream deck 9 no couch. The balcony is fantastic!! You will love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, cuppy said:

I'm torn between going with the wrap around or keeping my aft-extended view.  I've got both holding and need to decide by tomorrow.   This will be my hubby's 50th birthday (will be on the ship the day of his bday).   Just the two of us on this cruise and trying to decide if that wrap around is worth the additional $580 over the aft-extended view.   

 

If you can swing the cost go for it! He only turns 50 once !

I turn 60 next week on my Aft Wrap 🙂

 

 

 

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...