Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
DYKWIA

Delays to sailaway in Venice?

I've read today (on another site) an excellent trip report about a recent cruise from Venice to Monaco.  The reviewer reported that since the MSC incident in Venice a few weeks ago Local Authorities have put restrictions on all cruise ships entering and leaving Venice.  They report there is a limit of 1 cruise ship an hour on the Giudecca Canal. This resulted in a 4.5 hour delay to them leaving Venice.

Has anyone had a similar experience recently?

We sail on the 24th August on Infinity and I notice it is a very busy weekend for cruise ships with about 9 ships going through the port in 2 days and wonder if a delay is likely.  Not too much of a worry as our first port of call is Koper, not far away.

Posted (edited)

We sailed from Venice a couple of weeks ago on the constellation.  There was no delay. 

Edited by ghstudio

We sailed on Infinity on 6/30. Our scheduled sail away was 5pm. Around that time, an announcement was made we would be delayed until 8pm due to marine traffic in the lagoon. The delay did not effect our arrival in Split the next day, it did make a beautiful sail away at dusk. 

13 minutes ago, gottacruisemore said:

how can i find the trip report? thanx

Its a trip report relating to a Regent Seven Seas Voyager Cruise.  Don't think I can post the link to an external (competing forum) but it's where people who are keen on flying talk

13 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

Its a trip report relating to a Regent Seven Seas Voyager Cruise.  Don't think I can post the link to an external (competing forum) but it's where people who are keen on flying talk

got it. thanx