Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
wlbox

Future Cruise Credit purchase question

Recommended Posts

 I just used my last Future Cruise Credit when booking our September 2019 cruise.  

Can I purchase another FCC before we get onto the ship?      I want to book another cruise for later this year.

What are the rules about Future Cruise Credit.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wlbox said:

 I just used my last Future Cruise Credit when booking our September 2019 cruise.  

Can I purchase another FCC before we get onto the ship?      I want to book another cruise for later this year.

What are the rules about Future Cruise Credit.

Thanks

FFC can only be purchased while onbored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

FFC can only be purchased while onbored.

Future cruise deposits can be purchased on board for passengers not on board as long a they have a captain's circle number, so for the OP to be able to get additional ones before they sail, they need to know someone who would be willing to do this for them on a sailing. The deposits would be charged to the credit card of the passenger on board, so obviously arrangements to pay back that person would be required. Many people do not know Princess and HAL allow this. This policy has been in effect for about 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Future cruise deposits can be purchased on board for passengers not on board as long a they have a captain's circle number, so for the OP to be able to get additional ones before they sail, they need to know someone who would be willing to do this for them on a sailing. The deposits would be charged to the credit card of the passenger on board, so obviously arrangements to pay back that person would be required. Many people do not know Princess and HAL allow this. This policy has been in effect for about 2 years.

fun fact of the day. I had no idea you had the capability of purchasing FCC for someone who's not on the sailing that has a captain circle number.

Edited by Jeter02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is something I did not know. And thank you to everyone buying me a future cruise credit deposit. Please forward it to I’m not going to pay you back, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will your September cruise be inside of the final payment date for the cruise later this year? If not, book the cruise onboard. You get the benefits. If you want a particular cabin, book now, pay the deposit and cancel after you book with the FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, that is something I did not know. And thank you to everyone buying me a future cruise credit deposit. Please forward it to I’m not going to pay you back, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 

 

 

😳 😁

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you call Princess?

What would be the point of that?  They don't sell FCD's.  And I know you know this. :classic_dry:

Edited by steelers36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steelers36 said:

What would be the point of that?  They don't sell FCD's.  And I know you know this. :classic_dry:

NO actually I don't.

They have changed the program to allow purchase onboard for someone not onboard.

I thought I had read something about allowing them to be purchased after a cruise, and I know you know THIS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

NO actually I don't.

They have changed the program to allow purchase onboard for someone not onboard.

I thought I had read something about allowing them to be purchased after a cruise, and I know you know THIS.  

Yes, but there is a very short time window apparently and HQ has to agree I believe.  I have never tried that.  The OP isn't in the position of just completing a cruise; rather they used up their last FCD on file.

 

I tried to have my wife buy us both some FCD in Nov 2017 when she was on a short cruise with one of our daughters.  Nope, that attempt fell flat and the FCD was assigned to daughter (which we refunded).  It was not long after that as I understand it that the new policy changed.

Edited by steelers36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Purchasing FCD after a cruise not only has a short time of availability (pretty sure it is available for 60 days after embarkation) there is also way less OBC associated with that sort of FCD purchase.

 

3-6 days: $10 - Interior/OV:  $15 - Balcony/Suites
7-10 day: $15 - I/O: $30 - B/S
11-16 days: $40 - I/O: $60 - B/S
17+ days (excl. world Cruise): $75 - I/O: $125 - B/S

 

Edited by Thrak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Purchasing FCD after a cruise not only has a short time of availability (pretty sure it is available for 60 days after embarkation) there is also way less OBC associated with that sort of FCD purchase.

 

3-6 days: $10 - Interior/OV:  $15 - Balcony/Suites
7-10 day: $15 - I/O: $30 - B/S
11-16 days: $40 - I/O: $60 - B/S
17+ days (excl. world Cruise): $75 - I/O: $125 - B/S

 

Exactly shows why a bad idea to procrastinate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have booked a cruise using my future cruise deposit that also has one way flights included.  Is it possible to cancel this cruise and still retain my future cruise deposits to rebook with or if i cancel do i also lose this future cruise deposit?

thanks

Kayla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kaylacool said:

I have booked a cruise using my future cruise deposit that also has one way flights included.  Is it possible to cancel this cruise and still retain my future cruise deposits to rebook with or if i cancel do i also lose this future cruise deposit?

thanks

Kayla

 

If it was a refundable deposit the FCD should be returned to your account. I'm not sure what the flight has to do with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks Thrak with the flight it was part of the promo (free flight with cruise booking) didn't know if this would impact the FCD as such. On reading through the terms of the Ezair flight i think it reads that I will have to pay for the full cost of the flight if i cancel.  I will ring TA tomorrow to clarify.

Seen a much better offer on cruise was looking at the potential to rebook but if I have to pay out on the airfare it won't be worth it 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaylacool said:

I have booked a cruise using my future cruise deposit that also has one way flights included.  Is it possible to cancel this cruise and still retain my future cruise deposits to rebook with or if i cancel do i also lose this future cruise deposit?

thanks

Kayla

 

If the cruise is cancelled, then the EZ Air flights are automatically cancelled too. No biggie if you had a flexible airfare, bit of a biggie if you are going to rebook the same cruise, perhaps in a different cabin class* and the air fare has increased and a real biggie if you were on a non flexible airfare as there are no refunds on those airfares

 

*I have downgraded a cruise booking where I had EZ Air flight and the flights were now higher than when I originally booked, but I was able to keep the same cruise booking number, so I was able to keep the flights too. The price of my original full suite plunged a few weeks later, so I upgraded back to the suite and again kept my flights, but about a week later I found a much better flight, which was cheaper to boot, so I switched flights as I was on a flexible fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...