Cruise Critic Community

You can apply gift cards to your Sign and Sail account, which is used to pay any onboard expenses.

In other words, YES.

You can also use the gift card to purchase a drink package prior to sailing...or anything else.

Don’t forget if you have a target red card you get 5% off gift cards purchased there..

AARP only has 500$ gift cards at this time and they are only 450$. They are mailed and take about 10 days.

Yesterday I got a 100$ card just have to keep checking.no e cards I like those didn't have to wait a week.

You can purchase cruise cash and/or cruise cash bar with gift cards. I get gift cards from my credit card points and sometimes use them for putting cash in our account. 

I use Navy Federal GoRewards credit card, where I can get a $500 a gift card for the points equivalent to $450. We will use it for our Cheers program next cruise.  

On 7/19/2019 at 12:12 PM, CENT said:

AARP only has 500$ gift cards at this time and they are only 450$. They are mailed and take about 10 days.

$100 AARP cards are still available for me. And $500.

10 hours ago, CENT said:

Yesterday I got a 100$ card just have to keep checking.no e cards I like those didn't have to wait a week.

I have 556 days before I set foot on a carnival ship.i can wait ten days.

Can anyone walk me through how to get the discounted $500 card through AARP?  I must be dense because when I go on it takes me to another site and I don't see them, and the ones from the ones I do see very few are discounted.  What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Can anyone walk me through how to get the discounted $500 card through AARP?  I must be dense because when I go on it takes me to another site and I don't see them, and the ones from the ones I do see very few are discounted.  What am I missing?

Okay, I found it in the digital gift card section, but still listed at full price.

15 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Okay, I found it in the digital gift card section, but still listed at full price.

Finally figured it out...obviously I am new to AARP.  For anyone else wondering, you click on "redeem my points" from the home screen, then gift cards on the top menu bar.

Sorry to hijack the original posters thread, but that question seemed answered.

2 hours ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Finally figured it out...obviously I am new to AARP.  For anyone else wondering, you click on "redeem my points" from the home screen, then gift cards on the top menu bar.

Sorry to hijack the original posters thread, but that question seemed answered.

You have to sign up for an account on their Rewards for Good program. It's free to sign up and you do not have to be an AARP member. You earn points by taking short quizzes, then cash in those points for a 10% discount on $100 and $500 Carnival gift cards. BUT there's a catch right now. They are in the process of revamping their rewards program. It'll no longer be known as Rewards for Good, but simply AARP Rewards. As of right now, no one can earn new points. I don't even know if they're allowing new accounts to be registered at this time. For those who already have points, we only have until sometime in September to use them. Existing points will not carry over to their new rewards program. We know very little about the new program. We don't even know if Carnival cards will be available.