Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
hubofhockey

Current Azamara Website Problems 7/19/2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My cruise opened up for check in yesterday and got a message about a glitch and now when I log into account, I see "We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later."  Anyone else having these issues?

 

Okay, I see another thread and doubt this has to do with a browser.  I have tried on Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer with the same result.

 

Now I can get into my account, but on Check in, I get:

 

Sorry, there’s been a glitch

Check-in is currently unavailable, so please try again later.

 

Edited by hubofhockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hubofhockey said:

When I log into account, I see "We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later."  Anyone else having these issues?

 

Yes, I’m still getting the exact same message as well. Spoke with a rep last night and a ticket was created (for the second time in the last month - the other was for the dreaded “Whoops!” page that I kept getting when I *was* able to log in...)

 

I haven’t been able to do anything online on the website since June.

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

I haven’t been able to do anything online on the website since June.

 

I hadn't realized that Azamara's IT department was that lame.  June?  That's unacceptable.  At some point, Royal Caribbean should take a look at Azamara management and make some changes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yep, I first mentioned the “Whoops” page problem (when trying to use the Voyage Planner to book a shore excursion) in a thread read by Bonnie back in late June. I’ve mentioned it again a couple of times since.

 

I eventually had to muster the patience to do the phone wait to talk to a rep a couple of weeks ago, to make the changes I needed. Then I had to call in again last night. No wonder the phone lines are busy...

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started the check in process a couple of weeks ago with no problem, but didn't finish.  Today when I tried I got the dreaded WHOOPS.  I will try again later.  By the way, what is the story with uploading a picture.  I have never been asked to do this in all of our years of cruising.  What happens if we don't upload pictures?  I don't even know how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

I started the check in process a couple of weeks ago with no problem, but didn't finish.  Today when I tried I got the dreaded WHOOPS.  I will try again later.  By the way, what is the story with uploading a picture.  I have never been asked to do this in all of our years of cruising.  What happens if we don't upload pictures?  I don't even know how to do it.

 

Do not worry if you cannot do it, they will still take a picture at the check in desk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bloodaxe said:

 

Do not worry if you cannot do it, they will still take a picture at the check in desk.

thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We uploaded a picture, but then the lady at the security desk on the ship wasn't happy with it, so took another one of each of us, so don’t worry about uploading one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It looks like the rebranding is a big part of the issue this time... as Azamaraclubcruises.com is being moved to Azamara.com.

Hard-coded internal links, proxy re-directs, outside indexing, etc etc are all things that could easily FUBAR during the process.

 

It would be nice if the frontline reps and Bonnie be informed internally that this is happening.

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Hard-coded internal links, proxy re-directs, outside indexing, etc etc are all things that could easily FUBAR during the process.

 

 Hopefully, COO Carol Cabezas is feeling some heat on this from the CEO (if they really care).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per my husband (the computer geek in our family) the site is now totally down as of 10 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

Per my husband (the computer geek in our family) the site is now totally down as of 10 minutes ago.

 

As of 15:16 EDT we appear to have full functionality on our iPhone and PC. The former uses Safari and the latter Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Nordski, were you able to log into your account?

 

Yes. 

 

I just checked the shore excursions on an upcoming cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll share your comments with our IT manager. In the meantime if each of you experiencing a web-problem would email the following it will help them find the errors...

 

  • Email WebHelp@azamara.com
  • Guest first and last name
  • Ship & sailing date
  • Booking number
  • Browser they used
  • Screen grab of issue
  • Description of issue
  • Country they’re in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I'll share your comments with our IT manager. In the meantime if each of you experiencing a web-problem would email the following it will help them find the errors...

 

  • Email WebHelp@azamara.com
  • Guest first and last name
  • Ship & sailing date
  • Booking number
  • Browser they used
  • Screen grab of issue
  • Description of issue
  • Country they’re in

 

Thanks, just sent at 5:12 pm on Friday.  Hopefully, they'll address my issue.  

 

Is the COO aware of all of Azamara's customer service issues relating to the website and electronic check in tools?  For many people, it confirms that pre-cruise experiences on Azamara just aren't good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

I'll share your comments with our IT manager. In the meantime if each of you experiencing a web-problem would email the following it will help them find the errors...

 

  • Email WebHelp@azamara.com
  • Guest first and last name
  • Ship & sailing date
  • Booking number
  • Browser they used
  • Screen grab of issue
  • Description of issue
  • Country they’re in

Bonnie:

I have filled out the information you wanted and sent it to the WebHelp folks.  From my limited IT understanding it sounds as if everything went haywire when Azamara decided to change its name and logo.  Maybe you should not have done that until every IT issue had been resolved.  We have not been on an Azamara cruise for many years and we decided to give it another try when I was able to get a good itinerary at a great price.  I am going into this cruise with an open mind.  However, if this is an example of the lack of attention to detail exhibited by Azamara, this may be our last cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lady's Mom said:

Bonnie:

I have filled out the information you wanted and sent it to the WebHelp folks.  From my limited IT understanding it sounds as if everything went haywire when Azamara decided to change its name and logo.  Maybe you should not have done that until every IT issue had been resolved.  We have not been on an Azamara cruise for many years and we decided to give it another try when I was able to get a good itinerary at a great price.  I am going into this cruise with an open mind.  However, if this is an example of the lack of attention to detail exhibited by Azamara, this may be our last cruise.

Bonnie:

I sent my responses to WebHelp@azamara.com and it came back as undeliverable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can skip online checkin. Just show up at the ship.  You  can fill out forms, have photo taken, post a credit card, and get a sea pass. It didn't take long. Azamara web site is frequently down. The IT dept is terrible. Unfortunately, using internet on the ship is the same.....slow, unreliable, and often stops. It doesn't update minutes in your account. You have to call guest services if you want to know how many minutes you still have available. I got 120 free minutes as discoverer plus. Gave up using the ship wifi. There are lots of free hot spots on shore. 

Forget trying to call or send email to Azamara. They are slow ansering if ever.  Some emails were nnever answered. Some were answered weeks later. Also, the Azamara app is worthless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also sent off my information.

 

We sail on the 27th July and I had completed our online checkin  a few weeks ago but as we have a gty cabin, which hasn't been allocated yet, I hadn't printed off the boarding passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

You can skip online checkin. Just show up at the ship.  You  can fill out forms, have photo taken, post a credit card, and get a sea pass. It didn't take long. Azamara web site is frequently down. The IT dept is terrible. Unfortunately, using internet on the ship is the same.....slow, unreliable, and often stops. It doesn't update minutes in your account. You have to call guest services if you want to know how many minutes you still have available. I got 120 free minutes as discoverer plus. Gave up using the ship wifi. There are lots of free hot spots on shore. 

Forget trying to call or send email to Azamara. They are slow ansering if ever.  Some emails were nnever answered. Some were answered weeks later. Also, the Azamara app is worthless.  

Maybe it’s a US site problem. I’ve never had a problem accessing the UK site (except for very occasionally when I get a ‘website maintenance’ message).

Emails to the UK MD are usually answered very quickly.

Its interesting that the ships WiFi doesn’t show how many minutes you have left - it used to before the last upgrade. It’s a nuisance and partly why we now always buy a full WiFi package using the discount instead of using the free minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Maybe it’s a US site problem. I’ve never had a problem accessing the UK site (except for very occasionally when I get a ‘website maintenance’ message).

Emails to the UK MD are usually answered very quickly.

Its interesting that the ships WiFi doesn’t show how many minutes you have left - it used to before the last upgrade. It’s a nuisance and partly why we now always buy a full WiFi package using the discount instead of using the free minutes.

 

The minutes left did not show on Pursuit last month.

I asked if your free minutes are used up would you automatically be charged if you stayed on line.

Guests services said it would just stop working and no charges would apply.

Also on Pursuit the App is useful if only to keep a check of your on board spend has the TV is not interactive.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It did show on Journey in May and June so I’m wondering if some of the other local issues they had re the antenna and weaker signals caused some of the functionality to stop working temporarily 

Edited by uktog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uktog said:

It did show on Journey in May and June so I’m wondering if some of the other local issues they had re the antenna and weaker signals caused some of the functionality to stop working temporarily 

Thanks for that, uktog, good to know that minutes should still show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...