Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
hubofhockey

Current Azamara Website Problems 7/19/2019

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Redtravel said:

You can skip online checkin. Just show up at the ship.  You  can fill out forms, have photo taken, post a credit card, and get a sea pass. It didn't take long. Azamara web site is frequently down. The IT dept is terrible. Unfortunately, using internet on the ship is the same.....slow, unreliable, and often stops. It doesn't update minutes in your account. You have to call guest services if you want to know how many minutes you still have available. I got 120 free minutes as discoverer plus. Gave up using the ship wifi. There are lots of free hot spots on shore. 

Forget trying to call or send email to Azamara. They are slow ansering if ever.  Some emails were nnever answered. Some were answered weeks later. Also, the Azamara app is worthless.  

 

Thank you for this information.  I thought the online check in might be important in terms of printing out luggage tags.  I always figured we could clear up the actual check in by filling out documents when we got there.  In the meantime, I have done as Bonnie suggested and alerted the Azamara IT Helpdesk through email.  

 

Maybe someone should create a separate thread about WIFI on the ship.  I really didn't start this thread to discuss that.  Just trying to check in and I'm sure others have this problem.  We'll worry about problems on board once we get on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try logging in on the Celebrity website I get the same “We’ve got your info, however..........” message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest services on Quest were really nice offering help with knowing how many WiFi minutes you had left.  Since we kept loosing our connection, it was like being at a Casino. Once in awhile you got a strong connection and were not thrown off. Most of the time, it was weal, slow, and intermittent. We did not buy unlimited. With the poor WiFi, it would have been throwing money away.  We found it strange that Azamara internet was so bad, and on our last  Celebrity cruise, it was so good. Time for Azamara to improve WiFi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

 

Thank you for this information.  I thought the online check in might be important in terms of printing out luggage tags.  I always figured we could clear up the actual check in by filling out documents when we got there.  In the meantime, I have done as Bonnie suggested and alerted the Azamara IT Helpdesk through email.  

 

Maybe someone should create a separate thread about WIFI on the ship.  I really didn't start this thread to discuss that.  Just trying to check in and I'm sure others have this problem.  We'll worry about problems on board once we get on the ship.

I got 2 sets of luggage tags mailed to me before sailing. If not able to print, make your own tag. Be sure to place info into a pocket of your case in case your tag gets torn off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is beginning to get me nervous.  Never have I had such problems checking in online.  Now you tell me that the internet is inconsistent, at best.  We are due to board the Journey four weeks from today.  We have not cruised with Azamara for many years and decided to give them another chance.  We upgraded to a suite to avoid the shower problem.  We are expecting a quality product and I am afraid that it is not what we are getting.  If RCL wants to place Azamara in the same league as Oceania, Viking, etc.  they need to invest money in the product infrastructure.  While the crew may be friendly, the food may be great, it is the IT problems, shore excursion problems, cabin problems that many cruisers remember.  Offering overly expensive land tours at the end of a cruise, does not a luxury cruise company make.  This is just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I got 2 sets of luggage tags mailed to me before sailing. If not able to print, make your own tag. Be sure to place info into a pocket of your case in case your tag gets torn off.

This is interesting.  We were told by our TA that Azamara no longer sends luggage tags.  We were told to print them off from the cruise documents they emailed.  We did this and placed them in plastic folders that I had purchased for another cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was doing the online checkin, I did not see anything about luggage tags. Previously, there was a box to check if you wanted tags printed and mailed to you. Called Azamara requesting tags.  Got two sets of tags about a week before sailing.  I sail on other lines that have you attach tags at the pier.  That works if you are with your luggage when it gets to the pier. On my last Azamara cruise, we embarked in Vancouver and did not take our luggage to the ship. There are many hotels in Vancouver that will take your luggage to the ship. They must have luggage tags indicating ship and cabin. We took a tour that picked us up at our hotel before the cruise. A separate truck from the tour co took our luggage to the ship. After the tour, we were left off at the ship....about 3 pm. We checked in quickly and went to our cabin. Our luggage was there waiting for us.  It was a pleasure. Never experienced that type of service before this cruise.  At first we were skeptical about letting the tour co deliver our luggage. However, after reading the glowing reviews on the web, we let our bags go. It was seamless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lady's Mom said:

Bonnie:

I sent my responses to WebHelp@azamara.com and it came back as undeliverable.

Hi Lady’s Mom, maybe try again...that is the correct email address. webhelp@azamara.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Redtravel said:

When I was doing the online checkin, I did not see anything about luggage tags. Previously, there was a box to check if you wanted tags printed and mailed to you. Called Azamara requesting tags.  Got two sets of tags about a week before sailing.  I sail on other lines that have you attach tags at the pier.  That works if you are with your luggage when it gets to the pier. On my last Azamara cruise, we embarked in Vancouver and did not take our luggage to the ship. There are many hotels in Vancouver that will take your luggage to the ship. They must have luggage tags indicating ship and cabin. We took a tour that picked us up at our hotel before the cruise. A separate truck from the tour co took our luggage to the ship. After the tour, we were left off at the ship....about 3 pm. We checked in quickly and went to our cabin. Our luggage was there waiting for us.  It was a pleasure. Never experienced that type of service before this cruise.  At first we were skeptical about letting the tour co deliver our luggage. However, after reading the glowing reviews on the web, we let our bags go. It was seamless. 

 

There is a luggage tag at the end of the printed document.

 

Bonnie, someone found a workaround and it's on another thread.  The workaround does not allow for the uploading of a photo, but I understand that can be done on board.  Hate to say it, but that bad link is another poor reflection of Azamara's web designers, who should have tested the link to make sure it worked, before publishing it.  Does anyone in the corporate office even care?  The link I am referring to is the "check in" link that comes up within 90 days of your cruise.  When you click on Update check-in/View boarding pass you, get a message from Azamara saying, "sorry, there's been a glitch."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

The link I am referring to is the "check in" link that comes up within 90 days of your cruise.  When you click on Update check-in/View boarding pass you, get a message from Azamara saying, "sorry, there's been a glitch." 

Hi Hub, our web team is working through the weekend on this. It is helpful if everyone who receives a ‘glitch message’ emails the webhelp@azamara.com with the info I posted up above.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Since late June, I have reported here, phoned Azamara twice and have had two internal tickets created regarding problems on the Azamara website. I cannot log into my Account, and although I can log into each of my bookings’ individual Voyage Planners, I cannot manage (add or cancel) any shore excursions.

 

Bonnie, I will e-mail to the Web team these two screenshots from just minutes ago. 

This is what our online experiences look like for some of us, as problems persist:

 

 

 

78CD18F4-2947-465C-8724-E9C68077A07A.jpeg

 

 

F4D2A195-F85E-4991-A853-B75A1A5E4CC0.jpeg

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Hub, our web team is working through the weekend on this. It is helpful if everyone who receives a ‘glitch message’ emails the webhelp@azamara.com with the info I posted up above.

Thank you!

Thanks Bonnie.  Using the workaround, I couldn't upload the photos, but once then new links are working, I'll see if we can upload.  We have a ways to go as check in just started for our cruise.  It was a little frustrating, but we'll be fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Hub, our web team is working through the weekend on this. It is helpful if everyone who receives a ‘glitch message’ emails the webhelp@azamara.com with the info I posted up above.

Thank you!

Have submitted as suggested, this happens on both our reservations. Do I really need to send two emails?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woodards said:

Have submitted as suggested, this happens on both our reservations. Do I really need to send two emails?

You’re under no obligation! Thank you for sending the first email ❤️ 

Every example we receive helps identify the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 5:51 AM, Lady's Mom said:

This is interesting.  We were told by our TA that Azamara no longer sends luggage tags.  We were told to print them off from the cruise documents they emailed.  We did this and placed them in plastic folders that I had purchased for another cruise.

Your TA is incorrect, if you're in the US; he/she can also request a nicely printed booklet that includes your cruise docs, free of charge.  Celebrity and RCCL both charge for this service, but Azamara does not.

Edited by laurieb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still down this morning, four days and counting.....

No messaging on the website either to say they know there is an issue and are working on it.

Basic and standard stuff from comms perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, woodards said:

Still down this morning, four days and counting.....

No messaging on the website either to say they know there is an issue and are working on it.

Basic and standard stuff from comms perspective.

I'll see if I can get an update since it is now Monday morning (here in California...much later for you!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news. Can now access checkin for both our reservations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woodards said:

Good news. Can now access checkin for both our reservations. 

Thank you for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Thank you for letting me know.

 

Yup, I'm good too.  The boarding passes seem simple enough.  Luggage tags are in pre-stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting this error message:

 

We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later.

 

I think Azamara should just outsource the website to Amazon, and you buy your cruise, with Prime free shipping. This is ridiculous, nearly every time I try to do something on the site over the past few months, I either can't log in correctly, hit dead links, the page hangs, or some other error. Yes, I have tried Chrome, Edge, Explorer,  and Firefox on my PC, tablet (both Apple and Android) and my phone (Android) and consistently get errors and other issues.

 

It is all rather frustrating.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...