Cruise Critic Community
Host Jazzbeau

Budapest Illumination Cruises No Longer a Given on River Sailings

Our docking has been changed on our Avalon Budapest to Prague cruise leaving August 4.  We were scheduled to dock on the Pest side but the newest info says we'll be on the Buda side.  Maybe for this reason?

Now I just wonder if the ship will have problems because of water levels.

Posted (edited)

OH NO.. I was so looking forward to doing Budapest Illumination Cruise 😞   Is there any chance they will bring it back by the end of the year ?  And is it all cruise lines ?

Edited by thunter1224
added last part

thunter, not sure how long you have in Budapest on your cruise.  The one we are looking at is 2 nights in a hotel in Budapest, then one on the ship, so I had been planning on going on the cruise the night before we boarded.  From what I can hear Legenda is one of the better tours, maybe you may wish to investigate it just in case.  I'm sure once you get your chance to book what tours you wish to take online, if it's not included, you can contact your cruise line to double check.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, Daisi said:

thunter, not sure how long you have in Budapest on your cruise.  The one we are looking at is 2 nights in a hotel in Budapest, then one on the ship, so I had been planning on going on the cruise the night before we boarded.  From what I can hear Legenda is one of the better tours, maybe you may wish to investigate it just in case.  I'm sure once you get your chance to book what tours you wish to take online, if it's not included, you can contact your cruise line to double check.  Good luck.

We have 1 full day in Budapest as out last stop on AMAwaterways .. and the Illumination cruise was on the last night on our ship.. But I am reading that some or all of the cruise lines have canceled the night cruise .. Really hope to get to do it .. and we have to be off the ship around 4 am the next morning , since our flight leaves Vienna  at 6 am .. 😞

It was mentioned in the Australian newspapers that the government had cancelled all the nighttime cruising a few weeks ago.

Today in the paper, it stated that the government ban has been lifted and it is now up to individual cruise lines whether to do them or not.

7 hours ago, djh1959 said:

It was mentioned in the Australian newspapers that the government had cancelled all the nighttime cruising a few weeks ago.

Today in the paper, it stated that the government ban has been lifted and it is now up to individual cruise lines whether to do them or not.

I hope my cruise will be doing it in Oct.  🙂  I am really looking forward to this as an end to our cruise ..