Is anyone excited about the Carnival Panorama?

Carl Nival

21 hours ago, coffeeboy77 said:

I’m looking forward to my February cruise on the Panorama.  We really enjoyed the Vista.  My only disappointment with the Panorama is they decided to put a bouncy room in instead of the IMAX.  If they didn’t want to commit to the IMAX I with they could have come up with something a lot better than a bouncy room.

Im glad they got rid of Imax it was a noise maker fro mid deck lido cabins.

I am on the 2/8/20 Valentine cruise too.  I have cruised twice on Splendor and am a newly addicted cruiser.  I am looking forward to cruising on Panorama, with all of the fun of Carnival and no negative thoughts.  I am an easy going guy who will find pleasure and pure joy on the cruise.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:14 AM, coffeeboy77 said:

I’m looking forward to my February cruise on the Panorama.  We really enjoyed the Vista.  My only disappointment with the Panorama is they decided to put a bouncy room in instead of the IMAX.  If they didn’t want to commit to the IMAX I with they could have come up with something a lot better than a bouncy room.

My guess is they had to find something quick since the IMAX theaters on Vista and Horizon were not generating expected revenues. I think an escape room, which other cruise lines have, would have been a great use of this area. 

• Like 1

Panorama is bringing us back to Carnival after almost 10 years. Having a brand new ship on the west coast is a big plus. A quick flight to LA and no overnight hotel stay like Florida are big pluses. 

I am hoping we like Carnival after many cruises on Princess, Royal and Celebrity. We are ready for some fun! 🙂 

• Like 1

We are booked on the Panorama for February 2020.  Hopefully we can follow through with the booking depending on our oldest daughters soccer travel schedule.  We booked early and got a ridiculous rate for 4 for this sailing.  Our airfare may cost more than the sailing coming from Boston during February vacation.  The last time we did this route was in 2005 on the Pride when it use to sail out of Long Beach.  Hopefully it all works out and we can go. Totally scared about the Sky Zone at sea and potential injury to the girls as I know of enough that occur at our local land based one.  Can't believe I'm saying this but I almost wish it still had the IMAX. Happy cruising!

1 hour ago, outdoors27 said:

We are booked on the Panorama for February 2020.  Hopefully we can follow through with the booking depending on our oldest daughters soccer travel schedule.  We booked early and got a ridiculous rate for 4 for this sailing.  Our airfare may cost more than the sailing coming from Boston during February vacation.  The last time we did this route was in 2005 on the Pride when it use to sail out of Long Beach.  Hopefully it all works out and we can go. Totally scared about the Sky Zone at sea and potential injury to the girls as I know of enough that occur at our local land based one.  Can't believe I'm saying this but I almost wish it still had the IMAX. Happy cruising!

Boston in the winter or the Mexican Riviera on Panorama?  Hope you can work out your schedules and make the cruise.  

Not excited - prob will not travel to west coast to go on her. I was on the Horizon and was not wowed buy her and the newness of the ship. Looks like every other ship give or take a few things. I found that other older ships on other lines are more impressive than the vista class. If she comes to an east coast port and it fits my schedule I will take it, if  not I will read what others write.

Edited by Stick93
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

My guess is they had to find something quick since the IMAX theaters on Vista and Horizon were not generating expected revenues. I think an escape room, which other cruise lines have, would have been a great use of this area. 

How about an anger room where you get to bust up stuff😆

On 7/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, Carl Nival said:

She's the last Vista class ship.  She'll be sailing out of Long Beach, California.  I think she might be setting some new records for a Long Beach cruise port.  Biggest and newest, perhaps?  And she's going to be very female.  A female cruise director AND a entertainment director.  She's like the Star Trek: Voyager of cruise ships.  In all seriousness, I think I'm going to sail on her ASAP.

I am excited about the Panorama for a couple of reasons. We always sail out of Galveston or NOLA - and are kind of tired of the same Caribbean ports. We've never sailed out of Long Beach. Our favorite ships are the Breeze, Magic and Freedom so I'm hoping some of the bad things I've heard about on Vista are taken care of. PS - our west coast grandchildren are going on their first cruise with us, so I am excited about that. 

• Like 1

Yes I'm Excited. I'm looking at going next year in September. I can get on a new ship and I can have a few days to hang out in LA. While I'm out there, I am also planning on going to Universal Studios as well. So Yes, That's Exciting to Me!

I’m happy the West Coast is getting a new ship. I’ve been on fantasy class, Spirit class most.  I was on the Elation inaugural cruise that brought the last new carnival ship to California in 1998.  Didn’t book the inaugural for Panorama but will be on in the first month.

Originally booked a cove balcony cabin but went with the regular balcony since my travel buddy gets seasick easily. I think the cove balcony cabins really have the feeling of water rushing by On that low deck. 

I will most likely be booking a cruise on the Panorama for June 27th, 2020 after my daughter's Gymnastics National Championships in Long Beach.  I am excited as this will be the biggest ship we will have been on. We LOVE the size of Glory, Freedom and Conquest (December 2019) that we will have been on and are just a  little apprehensive about the extra size of this ship.  But excited for the vacation!!!

On 7/23/2019 at 5:57 PM, JonV said:

I’m happy the West Coast is getting a new ship. I’ve been on fantasy class, Spirit class most.  I was on the Elation inaugural cruise that brought the last new carnival ship to California in 1998.  Didn’t book the inaugural for Panorama but will be on in the first month.

Originally booked a cove balcony cabin but went with the regular balcony since my travel buddy gets seasick easily. I think the cove balcony cabins really have the feeling of water rushing by On that low deck. 

Being lower is actually much more stable than being up higher. Low and center is the least amount of motion. 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, JonV said:

We've cruised in Cove balconies  and have had no issues with the "water rushing by" -- actually being on a lower deck reduces the rocking that most people who may get seasick would experience. Best spot would be in a Cove near the mid-ship a little forward of the elevators. But would avoid any under the Galley. Can be noisy all night.

We are booked for the 12/28 cruise and very excited about a new ship on the west coast.  The flight to Florida, along with the extra days and extra money gets old.  Happy with the new ship, but I agree w/ some of the PPs, a Hawaii cruise would be fabulous.

I am super pumped.  I loved the Vista (and Havana area) even though I have been to playa/Cozumel/mayan riviera 50 times. I have never been to the Mexican Rivera so excited to do something new.  And my kids are trampoline psychos so they will love the trampoline park.  

I booked us in a Havana inside room because that way I could book my kids next door without having the bring a third adult to book in the room with them. (Kids under 12 can be booked alone in an inside room next to or across from their parents.)  My husband is nervous about being in an inside room, but I really think we can just hang out in the Havana area when kids are at the camp ocean.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, outdoors27 said:

Oh no! I was so excited for this, but I didn't even think about the movement of the ship and the trampolines. 🤪😳