Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CaseyAnn

Need updated information.

Recommended Posts

I have not cruised since May 2017 and was wondering what has changed with Carnival in that time period. Have not kept up with any of the boards. I will turn Platinum on my next cruise in September.  Can someone tell me how that works with boarding? Will My boarding pass that i print give me priority boarding even though I don't hit the required number of days until the 5th day of sailing? I will have my aunt who is a first time cruiser. Can she board with me if I get priority? We have a 12:30 check in time. Pretty sure our transport from the airport will get us there earlier than that.  Any changes that have occurred or advise you can give me about the above I will really appreciate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming the 5th day of your cruise is not debarkation day, you will have PRIORITY on your boarding pass and can check in as soon as they open the port.  You will board after the weddings and diamond cruisers. If your aunt is staying in the same room then she goes with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, It is a 7 night cruise. SO glad to get back on a ship. Took a few years off and did week long stays on the islands. I just saw a post abut the cards being in the rooms now instead of getting them at check in. Has Carnival changed to self serve soda machines yet? Thanks for the info CruisingAgain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CaseyAnn said:

I have not cruised since May 2017 and was wondering what has changed with Carnival in that time period. Have not kept up with any of the boards. I will turn Platinum on my next cruise in September.  Can someone tell me how that works with boarding? Will My boarding pass that i print give me priority boarding even though I don't hit the required number of days until the 5th day of sailing? I will have my aunt who is a first time cruiser. Can she board with me if I get priority? We have a 12:30 check in time. Pretty sure our transport from the airport will get us there earlier than that.  Any changes that have occurred or advise you can give me about the above I will really appreciate. 

If yours and your aunt's boarding pass is marked "Priority" , then you have Priority.  However, if you are using Carnival transportation from the airport, you also qualify for priority into the terminal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

If yours and your aunt's boarding pass is marked "Priority" , then you have Priority.  However, if you are using Carnival transportation from the airport, you also qualify for priority into the terminal.  

We are using another company that you can book a hotel and transportation both ways. We are staying in Orlando the night before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CaseyAnn said:

Great, It is a 7 night cruise. SO glad to get back on a ship. Took a few years off and did week long stays on the islands. I just saw a post abut the cards being in the rooms now instead of getting them at check in. Has Carnival changed to self serve soda machines yet? Thanks for the info CruisingAgain. 

 

You and your Aunt will be able to check in as soon as you get to the terminal.  Being Platinum, you will have early access to your cabin.  As soon as you board the ship, you can go straight to your cabin.  There will be a sign on the hallway doors saying that the cabins will be ready at 1:30 but if your are P/D or have FTTF,  you can go in.  The Sail and Sign cards will be in your mailbox outside of your cabin door.  Your cabin is suppose to be ready but lately, sometimes they aren't.  You can still go in and drop off your carry-ons though.

 

Carnival has not changed to the self serve soda machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...