Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
nonnie&dgd

Laquinta inn and suites cocoa beach

Looking for reviews on Laquinta Inn and Suites next to Cocoa Beach pier please.

Posted (edited)

The reviews on Tripadvisor, etc are very good! I've not stayed at this hotel but know it very well! 

It is in my top 3 choices for an overnight in the area before a cruise. The location is wonderful within walking distance of the famous Cocoa Beach Pier, several restaurants, bars, grocery stores and liquor stores.

The best rooms are a bit tricky -

Most of the 78 rooms have ocean views but the direct oceanfront executive rooms are special not only because of the views but because the balconies are private. The rooms overlooking the pool have side views of the ocean but their balconies are not really private (the design allow your neighbors to see you on your balcony).

You can generally choose between 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed with a Twin Sofa Bed. The cheapest rooms have the poorest views!

You can go here for information about specific room numbers, shuttle info, etc - La Quinta Oceanfront for Cruisers 

Here is the view from room 609!

La-Quinta-Beachfront-Views-from-6th-floo

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thank you both. Steerage Joe that's a great website. Not going until next October. I checked rates for this October and it's over $300 for an oceanview.  Pretty pricey.

We stayed here in January.  Typical room with a nice view of the beach. We had lunch at the restaurant at the end of the bridge in the above picture and walked to the main road (about two to three blocks) to a nice bar/restaurant for dinner.  The hotel was very clean and well maintained. There’s a little store behind the hotel with snacks and beverages. I’m sure we didn’t pay anywhere near $300, probably around $200. Breakfast buffet was also very good.