Cruise Critic Community
cl.klink

Dues the outside washing equipment park at 8115 on Connie?

Posted (edited)

I saw on the page for M class ships a post that said that the washing equipment was permanently parked outside stateroom 8115, making that room's balcony a permanently obstructed view.  Is that so?  Is the equipment always in the same spot every day?  I've seen some web pictures that do not appear to show it always there (I know it's mobile, but does it always "park" in the same spot?). I'll be in that room 8/23, and I had not been told I was buying an obstructed view balcony.

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink

According to cruisedeckplans it is generally parked between 8111 and 8115 with a partial obstructed view for both cabins

7 hours ago, cl.klink said:

M class ships a post that said that the washing equipment was permanently parked outside stateroom 8115, making that room's balcony a permanently obstructed view.

7 hours ago, cl.klink said:

I'll be in that room 8/23, and I had not been told I was buying an obstructed view balcony.

That isn't fair. If you booked a non-obstructed room, you shouldn't receive an obstructed room. I recommend calling Celebrity, and request to change to a different room, if any of your liking is available. 

20 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

According to cruisedeckplans it is generally parked between 8111 and 8115 with a partial obstructed view for both cabins

Thanks. I went to that site and saw that same information, too.  I talked to my travel agent and he said that this is not supposed to be an obstructed view room. We got on a 3-way call with Celebrity who said the same thing.

Hmmm.

I can just hear the conversation at Guest Relations 5 weeks from today, with a "I don't know who told you that but …" type of argument on a fully booked ship where I can't change to another stateroom … 

- Joel