How are you notified about FCC after cancelation?

brandi0727

I had a Journeys cruise booked on Carnival Sunrise for June, 2020.  We booked Early Saver which makes our deposit non-refundable, and we additionally booked a couple of shore excursions. We canceled the booking today along with the shore excursions. We instead opted for a new ship with NCL on the Encore for next year. I know that we pay a $50/pp admin fee, but I was informed that the remainder of the funds will be given as future cruise credit to be used witin 24 months. Do you get some sort of email as confirmation, or does it just appear when you go to book another cruise as I haven't received an email about it yet? We will book for another time on a newer ship with Carnival, but did not know how to apply the FCC to the reservation. Is it applied toward the deposit, final payment, or OBC? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Your future cruise credit is tied to the booking number of the cruise that you cancelled. When you book another cruise, you will need to call Carnival and give them that booking number, and they will apply the FCC to your new booking. Also, be aware that your FCC cannot be used towards the deposit for a new cruise unless you book the new one at the same time you cancelled the old one. 

Just now, bakersdozen12 said:

Your future cruise credit is tied to the booking number of the cruise that you cancelled. When you book another cruise, you will need to call Carnival and give them that booking number, and they will apply the FCC to your new booking. Also, be aware that your FCC cannot be used towards the deposit for a new cruise unless you book the new one at the same time you cancelled the old one. 

We did not book another one with Carnival when we canceled. If they apply it to the price of the cruise that is ideal. If not, and they apply it as OBC we are going to have to up our purchases to ensure we spend all of the credit. EIther way its still better than forfeiting it. Thanks for the help!:)