Cup Match Question

taboom

We will be in Bermuda for the Cup Match. Our plan was to go to St George and check it all out on the Thursday....buy a ticket and watch for a few hours. We know nothing about cricket (except the match lasts days) or this event, but I know it will be busy. Is this even possible?? TIA for any help 🙂

Yes, thank you! I did see your link but we aren’t looking at spending the whole day at the match. However, knowing prices are so high in Bermuda, maybe it’s not such a bad idea. I was just wondering if it’s even possible to go for 2-3 hours just to experience it? My plan was to do the Match in the morning, look around St George and then walk to St Catherine and Tobocca Beach. Thoughts? 🙂 

36 minutes ago, taboom said:

Yes, thank you! I did see your link but we aren’t looking at spending the whole day at the match. However, knowing prices are so high in Bermuda, maybe it’s not such a bad idea. I was just wondering if it’s even possible to go for 2-3 hours just to experience it? My plan was to do the Match in the morning, look around St George and then walk to St Catherine and Tobocca Beach. Thoughts? 🙂 

Got ya. You can do that. You can get tickets online for $20. I don’t know if you can walk up and get a ticket. I could see going for about an hour or two and doing the rest you mention. Cricket is kind of slow. An hour might be enough. 

https://www.ptix.bm/Event/3572/2019-Cup-Match-Classic

Edited by Charles4515

On our first trip to Bermuda in 1992 we were there for cup match. On the Song of America, docked in Hamilton, walked to the bus depot, followed the crowd and bought tickets for $10/each at the gate.  Saw some seats in the 2nd row sat and the people around us were very helpful in trying to explain what was happening.  The game takes a break for lunch, which is when we left.  There was a visitors section but didn't see it.  It was a lot of fun and well worth the time we spent there.