Cruise Critic Community
lottiegreen56

Taste Bar on any ships

Unfortunately the answer is no....

it was removed on all ships, another carnival famous cutbacks over the years 😞

From personal experience and reading about other ships, I believe this idea came and went.  It was set up with such limited hours and choices that it seemed doomed to fail from inception.

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

From personal experience and reading about other ships, I believe this idea came and went.  It was set up with such limited hours and choices that it seemed doomed to fail from inception.

I agree- while it was a good idea, it was kind of strange- it would offer you food selections that were not even available on the ship you were on! For example, sushi where there was no sushi bar, Nonna's meatballs on a ship without a Cucina del Capitano... so if you really liked something, you couldn't even try it onboard!

7 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I agree- while it was a good idea, it was kind of strange- it would offer you food selections that were not even available on the ship you were on! For example, sushi where there was no sushi bar, Nonna's meatballs on a ship without a Cucina del Capitano... so if you really liked something, you couldn't even try it onboard!

I  think  the  idea behind  the  taste  bar was  to  get  you  to  sample  something  that  may  have  been  venues on  newer or  refurbished  with  upgrade  ships , That  way  you  might  look  for  that  option  on  a  ships   you  might  try  on  a  future  voyage . Over  time  more  of  those  ships  had  those  options  .

5 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

That was the point - - it was supposed to give you a taste

Me and my friends always enjoyed the taste bar and would meet and enjoy a drink and the bites and a time to catch up with everyone.  Really miss it.

We really enjoyed it at first, new things for just a bite or appetizer.  However, as time went on, we grew tired of the same selections over and over.  Can't say that I will miss it that much, lol.

Kind of like the old evening sushi bar on ships.  Not everybody headed there but many who did filled up on multiple servings.  I'd say it wasn't as cost effective to devote people to both making these items and serving them versus handling the majority of cruisers at other dining areas.