Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
hurricane18

San Juan, PR Safety Concerns for Upcoming 11 Night Fantasy

Recommended Posts

Hello CC Community, 

 

We are on the upcoming Fantasy 11 Night Southern sailing on July 27 which includes a stop in San Juan. In the past week or so, Cruise ships have been cancelling due to safety concerns in Old San Juan regarding protests against the governor. Celebrity, MSC, and Royal have cancelled calls for this week. I know Disney usually errs on the side of caution in regards to port safety, so what do you think the likelihood is that Disney will cancel the Fantasy's next call in early August? If and when this stop is cancelled, when would we be likely to find out so we can make alternative port adventure plans? 

 

hurricane18 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, hurricane18 said:

Hello CC Community, 

 

We are on the upcoming Fantasy 11 Night Southern sailing on July 27 which includes a stop in San Juan. In the past week or so, Cruise ships have been cancelling due to safety concerns in Old San Juan regarding protests against the governor. Celebrity, MSC, and Royal have cancelled calls for this week. I know Disney usually errs on the side of caution in regards to port safety, so what do you think the likelihood is that Disney will cancel the Fantasy's next call in early August? If and when this stop is cancelled, when would we be likely to find out so we can make alternative port adventure plans? 

 

hurricane18 

They probably won't make that call until much closer to the actual cruise date.  Even, maybe, not until the cruise sails.  If they skip San Juan, chances are it'll be a sea day, so no port adventures to change.  If you're booked on a DCL port adventure in San Juan, you won't be charged for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, Shmoo here said:

They probably won't make that call until much closer to the actual cruise date.  Even, maybe, not until the cruise sails.  If they skip San Juan, chances are it'll be a sea day, so no port adventures to change.  If you're booked on a DCL port adventure in San Juan, you won't be charged for it.

Thank you. We are 3 days out and still no changes. Other ships have been cancelling. 

We cancelled our old San Juan City tour and did a private vehicle excursion instead through DCL, so that we can explore other areas of the island If we still stop and the protests are still an issue. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, hurricane18 said:

Thank you. We are 3 days out and still no changes. Other ships have been cancelling. 

We cancelled our old San Juan City tour and did a private vehicle excursion instead through DCL, so that we can explore other areas of the island If we still stop and the protests are still an issue. 

 

 

I just read:

 

7/27 Fantasy Cruise, the stop at San Juan has been cancelled and rescheduled for St Thomas/US Virgin Islands.

Edited by Shmoo here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I just read:

 

7/27 Fantasy Cruise, the stop at San Juan has been cancelled and rescheduled for St Thomas/US Virgin Islands.

Yep! Had a feeling this would happen when I first posted. We got an email. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 12:00 AM, hurricane18 said:

Yep! Had a feeling this would happen when I first posted. We got an email. 

 

 

 

Hi hurricane18. Would you mind posting the email? We're trying to get the details of the cancellation. Wondering if it will be a sea day or if it's being replaced with another port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashley@cruisecritic said:

 

Hi hurricane18. Would you mind posting the email? We're trying to get the details of the cancellation. Wondering if it will be a sea day or if it's being replaced with another port.

It's replaced with St Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

It's replaced with St Thomas.

 

Thanks, Schmoo here! I did see that above but was trying to track down something more official (like an email or press release).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ashley@cruisecritic said:

 

Thanks, Schmoo here! I did see that above but was trying to track down something more official (like an email or press release).

Well, I can only say that on another site I'm on, people on that cruise are saying they're now going to St Thomas.  But, sorry, I have nothing official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, I can only say that on another site I'm on, people on that cruise are saying they're now going to St Thomas.  But, sorry, I have nothing official.

 

No worries! I've seen it too. Just can't quote it, unfortunately. Have reached out to Disney directly, of course, but waiting on a reply. Thanks for your help, though! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashley@cruisecritic said:

 

No worries! I've seen it too. Just can't quote it, unfortunately. Have reached out to Disney directly, of course, but waiting on a reply. Thanks for your help, though! 🙂

 

Hi there! 

Follow this link. There is a copy posted on this website. Having trouble uploading documents on my computer at the moment. 

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2019/07/disney-fantasy-skipping-san-juan-amid-protests-during-11-night-southern-caribbean-cruise/

 

See you onboard!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hurricane18 said:

 

Hi there! 

Follow this link. There is a copy posted on this website. Having trouble uploading documents on my computer at the moment. 

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2019/07/disney-fantasy-skipping-san-juan-amid-protests-during-11-night-southern-caribbean-cruise/

 

See you onboard!

 

 

Thanks, hurricane18!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...