Cruise Critic Community
1MoreRedStripe

Diamond Lounge Independence of the Seas

Hi Everyone

I am wondering about the Diamond Lounge. Sailing in April 2020 on Independence and will have just turned Diamond. Is there food ? Drinks ? Open all day ?

Thanks for any information or comments.

☀️🌴

7 minutes ago, 1MoreRedStripe said:

Hi Everyone

I am wondering about the Diamond Lounge. Sailing in April 2020 on Independence and will have just turned Diamond. Is there food ? Drinks ? Open all day ?

☀️🌴

Very light breakfast items 8-10. Great coffee machine all morning and until happy hour and then back for most of the night.  Happy hour free drinks 4:30 to 8 pm. If there are a huge amount of DL'S they use all of deck 14 for the Dl happy hour and they scan your sea pass when you get off the elevator, no interlopers allowed. . They have a pretty awesome appetizer spread during happy hour, best chicken wings a sea.   There is or used to be some outside seating, but that may have been closed after the Suite lounge was added.  You also have 3 free drinks added to your sea pass that can be used at any bar, showroom and in the MDR each night during happy hour. happy cruising

20 hours ago, 1MoreRedStripe said:

Hi Everyone

☀️🌴

This was the DL in May 2019.

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This was the DL in May 2019.

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

I have never seen so many tables. When we were on her in Nov. they were using both sides of the ship. Looks like they pulled all the chairs out of the new suite lounge and gave them all new couches.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:36 AM, loveheart said:

Happy hour for Diamond Club  on Indy is 5  - 8.30pm

Those are the hours on our current sailing out of Southampton, but when we sailed Indy in January out of Ft. Lauderdale, it was 4:30-8:00pm.  

They change the times ones based on when they set the early and late dinner times.  The times for your cruise will be in the letter in your cabin. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I have never seen so many tables. When we were on her in Nov. they were using both sides of the ship. Looks like they pulled all the chairs out of the new suite lounge and gave them all new couches.

This picture is from May 2018 and they had square tables then

I prefer the new layout with more tables..

IMG_20180528_144714.jpg

Edited by grapau27

On our sailing 3 weeks ago the whole of the Viking lounge was closed off between 5 -8.30pm too.

1 hour ago, loveheart said:

On our sailing 3 weeks ago the whole of the Viking lounge was closed off between 5 -8.30pm too.

Not that many D’s and above on the current sailing.  Less than half the tables and chairs are occupied between 5 and 6.  

We went ant a couple times at 7:30, and most of the inside was filled at that time, but there were seats outside. 

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Not that many D’s and above on the current sailing.  Less than half the tables and chairs are occupied between 5 and 6.  

We went ant a couple times at 7:30, and most of the inside was filled at that time, but there were seats outside. 

We usually went to the DL between 7.30 and 8.30 and it was always full, inside the lounge and Vilkng lounge too

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Those are the hours on our current sailing out of Southampton, but when we sailed Indy in January out of Ft. Lauderdale, it was 4:30-8:00pm.  

They change the times ones based on when they set the early and late dinner times.  The times for your cruise will be in the letter in your cabin. 

Great information. Appreciate it.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sitting outside seems like a great spot. Thanks !

On 7/21/2019 at 11:58 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, 1MoreRedStripe.  😊

Thank you very much. Super helpful community.

22 minutes ago, 1MoreRedStripe said:

Sitting outside seems like a great spot. Thanks !

It can get quite windy outside, at least it was a few weeks ago. We started off out but came in after a little while as my hair was blowing all over the place.

6 hours ago, loveheart said:

It can get quite windy outside, at least it was a few weeks ago. We started off out but came in after a little while as my hair was blowing all over the place.

I recall being on Explorer of the Seas back in 2003. That area was the sports bar at that time. I look forward to getting back there and checking it out. Thanks !

10 hours ago, dreamer976 said:

Freedom class has THE BEST Diamond lounges of the fleet IMHO!!

Vision and Rhapsody also have excellent diamond lounges with lovely huge windows.