Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarKandi

Oosterdam Upgrade Question

Can anyone tell me if the Oosterdam has been recently refurbished?

We were on the Eurodam last April and it had an updated in-room TV/entertainment system that had options of approximately 100 movies and shows.

Was curious if the Oosterdam has been updated with the same system as we are bringing kids this time.

Thanks in advance 🙂

The Oosterdam is scheduled for dry dock in early December for a week.  My guess is if they plan to replace carpeting, new entertainment systems, etc that would be the likely time.  I think it's been about 2-3 years since last dry dock.

I should add that we were on 'O' in June and the entertainment systems was as you described on the Eurodam.  We were in a Neptune suite, so dont know if that makes a difference.

23 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

The Oosterdam is scheduled for dry dock in early December for a week.  My guess is if they plan to replace carpeting, new entertainment systems, etc that would be the likely time.  I think it's been about 2-3 years since last dry dock.

Oosterdam had her most recent dry-dock between 20 March - 02 April last year (2018). HAL ships go into their dry-dock period on the avg every two and a half to three years so she is not due for a dry-dock this year since hat would be too early. It is her older Vista-class sister Zuiderdam that's going "under the knife" later this year in December

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Oosterdam had her most recent dry-dock between 20 March - 02 April last year (2018). HAL ships go into their dry-dock period on the avg every two and a half to three years so she is not due for a dry-dock this year since hat would be too early. It is her older Vista-class sister Zuiderdam that's going "under the knife" later this year in December

and the Noordam in Sept.

7 minutes ago, boards said:

and the Noordam in Sept.

Followed by Volendam six days later

47 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

You are correct.  My mistake.

2 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

You are correct.  My mistake.

Not a problem! I make them daily! :classic_wink: Take care and be safe!

I don't know what kind of room you're in, but I do know the Signature suites also have the updated TV system.

We sailed on the Oosterdam in Feb. and our Neptune Suite had the new updated TV and it was great. We could watch shows on HGTV, PBS (cooking shows like America's Test Kitchen), MSNBC. Don't know if it's available ship-wide though.

We were in a VA cabin on the Oosterdam in June, and it had the updated info/entertainment system.

Lori & George