Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelmac

Which Pier does Crystal use in Cozumel?

My wife and I have been to Cozumel a couple a dozen times on cruise ships, but I have no idea which of the three piers Crystal uses.  

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Kel😃

Could be any, and if on a day with lots of "traffic", you could even be tendering.

Since Crystal is only an occasional visitor to Cozumel they will likely be given the best space left over after the regulars have been accommodated.  You might look at cruisetimetables.com for the date of your visit and see who else is there and that MIGHT give you an idea of what space is available.

I've seen that with Juneau.  Sometimes they get the best dock in town, sometimes the worst, and other times they will tender.  It all depends on who else is in town.

Roy

Thanks Everyone!

Looks like there will be two Carnival ships in port the same day we are there and they always use Puerta Maya Pier;  two Royal Caribbean ships will be there and they use TMM International Pier; so that leaves an Oceania ship at Punta Langosta, as that's the one NCL uses and they own Oceania -- my guess will be -- the second ship (Symphony) at Punta Langosta????  This is not official, so it's just my best guess.

Actually, I hope this is correct as this puts the ship downtown.  Close to more restaurant locations, if we decide to do lunch off the ship.

Thanks for your help!

Kel😃

Six cruise ships in Cozumel on the same day!!! Sounds like a "sea-day-in-port" on the Symphony for us. Wouldn't even step off the gangway into that crowd! 🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢 😱

Can't remember which port in Alaska back in June but a lot of ships in port and Symphony had to back into the dock behind another ship - was like parallel parking a car.  I'm amazed how they can maneuver a ship this size so accurately and safely.

It's really not a problem with the number of ships there and I would not change my plans because of that.

I have been there with one ship and also seven ships.  I remember that on one of the sailings in 2017 that Crystal Serenity was there with eight other ships.

Just like Grand Cayman and several other places these ports have gone from a few ships arriving each week to seven or more during the peak season.

With good planning you can enjoy a good stay there.

Have a great time.

Keith