Jump to content

Live from the Sunrise 7/22 sailing review


jimbo5544
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

It's nice to read about the live band.  I remember the lack of live music being a big complaint about the theatre productions.

 

Sad to see you couldn't get the lobster with butter 😞 I don't like mayo but do like bread, butter, and lobster so thought it might be good to try.  I suppose I'll have to stick with crab legs.

 

I could see Lucky Bowl fitting a market, especially on cooler weather cruises.  I've had times where the a/c messes with my sinuses and would enjoy some basic broth - might be good for an upset stomach too.  They had something similar on NCL (as a stand alone venue - not part of Lido) and it was one of the few dining options I thought they did ok.

In CT where we are from, it always has butter.  We have sailed on 3 other Carnival ships with sea food shack and never had an issue in getting it that way.  It was not a big deal, but we are meeting with an area manager from Carnival on Thursday for a late lunch and we have several things to mention in regards to feedback on the Sunrise, this (albeit minor) will be one.  The biggest complaint is in assigned dining when we had people walking in 50 minutes late and totally disrupting the dinner service.  A while back they was talk that they might close the doors for assigned seating 15 minutes after it begins.  I do get that people want what they want when on vacation, but when it overlays other guests, maybe it is time to rethink that.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, ah4sail said:

Thanks for your detailed review!  Last week, I booked the Sunrise for the first week in September.  We’ve never booked so close to sailing, but husband has been working 14+ hours 6 days a week, then we had a death in the family.  We need to get away!!  Then I started reading reviews, most of which were negative.  So glad to read yours.  We’ve never been on a bad cruise, and are really looking forward to this one.  Thanks for sharing😊

My pleasure, thanks for following along.  Let us know your thoughts when you return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you for all the info. We are sailing on the Radiance TA, too, so this ship’s info is extra helpful. 😀

Thanks for following along, lets get together on the TA and compare notes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

I would like to ask a stupid question.  I know you mentioned your cruises are listed in your signature line and I assume links to your other reviews.  How do you get to the signature line, I don’t see it.  Thank you for the review, it was awesome.

Edited by rs45thompson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I would like to ask a stupid question.  I know you mentioned your cruises are listed in your signature line and I assume links to your other reviews.  How do you get to the signature line, I don’t see it.  Thank you for the review, it was awesome.

Thanks for the kind words on the review.  If you look at and link on your ID (top right of any page, there is a drop down) where you can edit (or create) your signature.  There are some rules that apply, but they are spelled out fairly clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks for the kind words on the review.  If you look at and link on your ID (top right of any page, there is a drop down) where you can edit (or create) your signature.  There are some rules that apply, but they are spelled out fairly clearly.


I think I’m dense. I went to the top right three lines and clicked on it and didn’t see anything about a signature line. I went to my account and checked on the right and didn’t see anything.  I actually haven’t seen a signature line since they changed things a while back. I wonder if I no longer have access to that?  I don’t see your signature line or anyone else’s. Sorry to be a bother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:


I think I’m dense. I went to the top right three lines and clicked on it and didn’t see anything about a signature line. I went to my account and checked on the right and didn’t see anything.  I actually haven’t seen a signature line since they changed things a while back. I wonder if I no longer have access to that?  I don’t see your signature line or anyone else’s. Sorry to be a bother.

No worries, at the top of any screen is a section where you can log out under that on the right is a create +, A bell symbol, an envelope and to the right is an area that has your used ID with a drop down.  Click on th drop down and one line is account settings and in that is a link for signature.  There are some restrictions, but you enter it in the box as you was want it to appear, they give you a preview and then “poof” it is there.  Make sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

No worries, at the top of any screen is a section where you can log out under that on the right is a create +, A bell symbol, an envelope and to the right is an area that has your used ID with a drop down.  Click on th drop down and one line is account settings and in that is a link for signature.  There are some restrictions, but you enter it in the box as you was want it to appear, they give you a preview and then “poof” it is there.  Make sense?

Mine looks different than that do you have to have the app?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Yes- iPhone 

Ahhhhhh. That might be the problem if you are holding your cel phone vertically. You aren't seeing the entire page, left to right. Have you tried holding it horizontally? ie: rotating the phone to where the length of the phone is from left to right? That's what I have to do to see the entire page width. Just my thoughts and YMMV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Ahhhhhh. That might be the problem if you are holding your cel phone vertically. You aren't seeing the entire page, left to right. Have you tried holding it horizontally? ie: rotating the phone to where the length of the phone is from left to right? That's what I have to do to see the entire page width. Just my thoughts and YMMV.

This is what I see when I hold the phone horizontal.  Looks the same. 

03B59C33-46B9-48A3-808F-327DDDFC0997.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoyed reading your review.  I booked a last minute cruise on the Sunrise and found your review.  Do you remember where the omelet stations were located?  Also, do they have an continental breakfast somewhere close to the coffee shop.  I know on the Horizon they had one in the Ocean Plaza where they used to have the "tastings" before dinner.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Enjoyed reading your review.  I booked a last minute cruise on the Sunrise and found your review.  Do you remember where the omelet stations were located?  Also, do they have an continental breakfast somewhere close to the coffee shop.  I know on the Horizon they had one in the Ocean Plaza where they used to have the "tastings" before dinner.  

Lucky Bowl, Italian restaurant, Sea Food shack and another I cannot recall. I do not think there is anything like the Ocean’s Plaza.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...