Live from the Sunrise 7/22 sailing review

jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Any Loungers down there anywhere?

Yes they stack them at night.  Very serene during sailing days to go down and enjoy the sea close up,  out of the sun and just the ocean.  

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes they stack them at night.  Very serene during sailing days to go down and enjoy the sea close up,  out of the sun and just the ocean.  

My kinda Place thank you.

Normally chairs available?

I’m on this cruise as well.  I think most of the Sunrise complaints are vastly overblown.  Yea, the buffet lines are bad at peak times, but you can avoid that.  We haven’t noticed the show seating to be that different/more crowded than any other ships.  Staff is great, food has been pretty good overall.   We didn’t have a great meal in the steakhouse, but the Italian restaurant for $15 was fantastic.  MDR and Buffet quality of food very good.  Pizza decent, guys burgers and BBQ great.  Seafood shack lobster rolls worth the $$.

Hip Stars in the Red Frog, Eden in the piano bar, very talented.  

I’ll write a longer review when I get back but we’ve had a good time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 1:40 PM, jimbo5544 said:

So I had a health setback that popped up yesterday morning which has kept me “out of the loop” (not seasickness).   Almost back to par and hope to catch up hear soon.  

Hope you are back to 110% Jimbo

46 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Hope you are back to 110% Jimbo

Thanks for asking, about 75%.  Good news is I ate two meals in a row (fingers crossed) and feel pretty confident I dis not put any wait on during the cruise 😃😃

Got to see the show last night, most of the rest of the gang went to the Michael Jackson thing, I decided not to push it.  The show was good.  To answer some questions regarding Playlist, there is a six piece band that does live music and 8 dancer/singers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1stTimeRoyal said:

I’m on this cruise as well.  I think most of the Sunrise complaints are vastly overblown.  Yea, the buffet lines are bad at peak times, but you can avoid that.  We haven’t noticed the show seating to be that different/more crowded than any other ships.  Staff is great, food has been pretty good overall.   We didn’t have a great meal in the steakhouse, but the Italian restaurant for $15 was fantastic.  MDR and Buffet quality of food very good.  Pizza decent, guys burgers and BBQ great.  Seafood shack lobster rolls worth the $$.

Hip Stars in the Red Frog, Eden in the piano bar, very talented.  

I’ll write a longer review when I get back but we’ve had a good time.

Feel free to comment here.  Funny, for us, it was the one of the better Steakhouse meals in a while.  

I thought the steakhouse menu was good, I liked the onion soup.  My steak was just a bit over cooked and kinda came out lukewarm.   Not the end of the world.

i had the tomahawk pork chop in the Italian restaurant...that was legit.  I just thought for $15 that was one of the best values of the cruise.

i think we also had a great time because we love St Thomas and Grand Turk.  Weather cooperated for the most part all trip.

yea the layout of the ship is a little weird, but anyone who is like “I’m going to have to cancel my trip based upon the cruise critic reviews”...that’s crazy.   It’s fine.   You’ll have a good time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grasshopper, you asked for this.  Someone else asked if there was a iced tea/lemonade station at pig and anchor and the answer is no.  When I asked others they said they put pitchers out there.  

A40D80F8-DABF-483F-A3B9-44A3FA9296FD.jpeg

E7596091-A43F-44A8-932B-11C32589CAC4.jpeg

F4E46AC7-3F6A-4327-A350-D7C1553ADDD0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Grasshopper, you asked for this.  Someone else asked if there was a iced tea/lemonade station at pig and anchor and the answer is no.  When I asked others they said they put pitchers out there.  

A40D80F8-DABF-483F-A3B9-44A3FA9296FD.jpeg

E7596091-A43F-44A8-932B-11C32589CAC4.jpeg

F4E46AC7-3F6A-4327-A350-D7C1553ADDD0.jpeg

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

This morning we took the grand kids to the Suess breakfast, our third time (one as a Diamond event on the Vista in the Med) here are a couple of pics.  

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

Can just adults do this and would we be out of place?

My wife wanted to do it on the Vista but we never made it down.

Table for 2?

When is it?

13 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Can just adults do this and would we be out of place?

My wife wanted to do it on the Vista but we never made it down.

Table for 2?

When is it?

Sure, there was a couple by themselves this morning.  It is always the last sea day (at least our experience).