Cruise Critic Community
jordanaire

Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in FLL

My son and grandson will be flying into FLL the night prior to their cruise in October and he is wondering if anyone has been to this restaurant before. Is it a good place to take a 13-yr old boy for dinner? It looks fascinating! It looks good enough for my wife and I to stop their next year prior to our cruise. They are staying at the Wyndham Garden Inn hotel just up the street, and he's hoping it's a short walk from there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have been to Jaxson's many times for ice cream, but have never eaten there (I had no idea they had food, but lo and behold they have a menu on their website (learn something new every day!)). I imagine the food is fine, but most people probably go for the ice cream and the ambiance. Worth a trip (and to look up the reviews on yelp or trip adviser to be sure about the food).

Posted (edited)

They do MASSIVE hot dogs which are awesome.  The food is actually pretty good, full menu and fits the theme of the restaurant. And they are famous for ice cream obviously. It's an iconic restaurant, featured on food network, etc.  Absolutely take a 13 year old.  You won't regret it one bit.

Edited by BNBR

We stayed at the Wyndham Garden Inn (great hotel by the way) last March before cruising.  Jaxson's is easy to walk to.  We went to Jaxson's for ice cream - it was great!!!  Long lines for both ice cream and restaurant but they moved quickly.  Enjoy!

Just up the block from Jaxson’s is Grampa’s Restaurant in Dania Beach. Excellent diner type food. The place is also well known for there breakfast items. Was featured years ago on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive In’s and Dives. I would save Jaxson’s for there home made ice cream, especially their sundaes and banana splits!

Posted (edited)

I've been going to Jaxsons since about 1980. Place hasn't changed a bit, and definitely a bucket list item for anyone going to the area!  It was somewhat a right of passage for me taking my son there 12 years ago before our cruise on the Pearl in 2007!

Edited by YankeesFan4Life