Cruise Critic Community
jjjct

B2B sailing and SPD

Doing a B2B and am Platinum Latitude. Will I get all of my perks at the beginning of the cruise or will they be given on each leg of the cruise? Will I be able to save perks to use on the second part of the cruise? I am particularly asking about the dining Platinum perks. We will be traveling on the first leg with friends that are taking their 1st NCL cruise. Want to meet up with them at dinner but they would have to pay for the dinners we get free with Latitude so was wondering if I can save the vouchers for the second cruise?

Posted (edited)

If you have booked as two separate cruises then you should get the platinum benefits twice, but they will be given per cruise.

NCL will see them as two separate cruises, so the platinum benefits have to be used during the correct cruise, just as you can't keep your platinum meal vouchers from one cruise and then use them on another cruise later in the year.

It is possible you may be able to do it, but it is highly unlikely as far as I am aware.

Edited by KeithJenner

5 hours ago, jjjct said:

Doing a B2B and am Platinum Latitude. Will I get all of my perks at the beginning of the cruise or will they be given on each leg of the cruise? Will I be able to save perks to use on the second part of the cruise? I am particularly asking about the dining Platinum perks. We will be traveling on the first leg with friends that are taking their 1st NCL cruise. Want to meet up with them at dinner but they would have to pay for the dinners we get free with Latitude so was wondering if I can save the vouchers for the second cruise?

Each voucher is good for dinner for two. Why not split the costs and share with your friends?

46 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Each voucher is good for dinner for two. Why not split the costs and share with your friends?

No cost to us, but could change out 2 dinners for 2 and take them out to dinner as a welcome to your first cruise! Wonderful! 

Remember that the two dinners for two are in different restaurants.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, casofilia said:

Remember that the two dinners for two are in different restaurants.

I take it that’s why they want to save us the one from the first leg to use on the second, so they then have two vouchers for the same restaurant.

Actually, the-reading the question I’m a bit confused as the friends are on the first leg, so I don’t see the benefit of holding the voucher over to the second leg, when the friends are gone.

Anyway, they aren’t going to be able to

do it. My suggestion would be to take the friends, use the voucher they have and then each couple just has to pay for one person.

Edited by KeithJenner

My reading was that they intended to all eat together in the MDR during the first leg and then the OP would use all the vouchers in the second leg when the friends weren't there.

We're also Platinum &  booked a 14 day cruise out of Venice a few years ago that turned out to be two seven day-ers that were run back-to-back.  We stayed in the same cabin for all 14 days but received TWO separate "Latitudes Welcome" packages.   There were no dates on the coupons/vouchers but we used the first set in the first 7 days & the second set in the second seven days.  And, yes, we did get two bottles of champagne also...lol

@tomk3212

And, yes, we did get two bottles of champagne also...lol

You were really luckily if you got champagne, we have had a nasty cheap sparkling wine for the last few cruises!!

@casofilia It WAS the nasty, cheap sparkling wine but labeled as "Champagne".  That's why I added an "lol"...😋

@tomk3212

That is surprising as NCL has been very careful in not using the term "Champagne" when describing the stuff.  Only the Art people continue to use the term Champagne, but they are very careful to make sure that their bottles are never seen!!

@casofilia That's interesting!  I remember when we first achieved Platinum status & "Bottle of Champagne"... was listed as one of the perqs.  We always bring them home for our son as he & his DW do a lot of entertaining.  I'll have to look carefully at the label next time!

Thanks for the info!

On the Latitude Rewards page

Bottle Of Sparkling Wine (per stateroom)