Odd Question. Sleeping in Deck Chair?

charlielinda

9 minutes ago, sxphil said:

I have slept on many a sun lounger on land based holidays as I love fresh air rather than Aircon

I tried on the Navigator earlier this year and was politely woken by security at 3am and asked had I had a row with my wife

I said I like fresh air and was told to watch out for the Pool Staff in the Morning when they hosed the deck down

Didn't do it again but fair play to Security  

That seems fair...

• Like 1

Dear son (just turned 21 at the time) came back to the cabin at 3 AM, shall we say SLIGHTLY intoxicated?  Lost his cabin key and woke me up by pounding on the door.

He came in and went to bed, I got dressed and went down to Guest Services to cancel his Seapass card and get a new one printed.  I think that all of the GS people were asleep in the backroom.  But anyway, while I was waiting I saw Security making their rounds and looking behind couches and cabinets and into closets and other spaces looking for people sleeping/passed out in these spaces. They would wake them and send them on their way. 

To this day, he won't drink Long Island Iced Teas. LOL

Edited by Hypo

56 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Wow.. just wow.

People in inside cabins are not some kind of homeless to sleep in the chairs.

They have comfortable beds in their private rooms.

I love the inside cabins. At first I was afraid I would be claustrophobic but after doing a cumulative 4 weeks in an inside cabin with another week in one I can honestly say I slept so well. In fact having an inside cabin may be one of the best ways to overcome jetlag.  I set my alarm to see the sunrise and enjoy my time on deck.

In fact having an inside cabin or Oceanview cabin forces you to explore the ship. On my last cruise I was only in my room to dress and sleep and coming  back after the Disco around midnight meant only a 6-7 hour sleep and perhaps a nap before dinner.     I am up on deck be it walking the track or working out in the gym, dancing the night away or seeing a show.    I figured out that its not worth spending more $$$ unless its for a balcony or suite.

I could not imagine sleeping on a lounger unless its during the afternoon.

Edited by travelplus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hypo said:

Dear son (just turned 21 at the time) came back to the cabin at 3 AM, shall we say SLIGHTLY intoxicated?  Lost his cabin key and woke me up by pounding on the door.

He came in and went to bed, I got dressed and went down to Guest Services to cancel his Seapass card and get a new one printed.  I think that all of the GS people were asleep in the backroom.  But anyway, while I was waiting I saw Security making their rounds and looking behind couches and cabinets and into closets and other spaces looking for people sleeping/passed out in these spaces. They would wake them and send them on their way. 

To this day, he won't drink Long Island Iced Teas. LOL

My My My My what a story!   Those Long Island Iced Teas really catch up to you as the liquor is subtle but man what a punch!   

• Like 1

I have stayed up overnight on a few different occasions. Not due to my Long Island consumption but rather to work with decent WiFi. There is a substantial amount of security roaming around especially after Sky Lounge clears out. I would be confident that they would question if everything is okay before allowing you to sleep in a public area. The outside decks are usually packed up and being cleaned too. Unless you found a random chair there may not even be any space to crash.

One of the biggest dangers of sleeping on an open deck lounger is the soaking one is likely to get from the morning crew who wet down the upper decks really well. Another is the possibility of a pop up shower passing by with a good  soaking. 

I have often slept on our balcony lounger because Hubby keeps our room so cold I can't sleep in the cabin. But even then I have gotten wet when we had a balcony near the bridge. The captain will often run very heavy sprinklers to clear salt buildup off the bridge windows. That spray is powerful and plentiful. It is a rude awakening early in the morning when that spray hits you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have slept on the upper decks without any issue with crew etc.  Yes in the Caribbean where there good chance you wont get rained on but it can happen and usually can tell when moving there.  I also have found random couches/chairs to snooze in thru out the ship, Hideaway and the lounge overall are great.  Never been hassled by security so it was fine. 

On 7/24/2019 at 1:33 PM, Icon901 said:

I'm not sure the tongue in cheek comments are worth getting that offended over, guys 😂  It's hard for me to fathom an existence where those comments "Wow just wow" and "Shocking" worthy.

Is this a reply to the post?

1 minute ago, clo said:

Is this a reply to the post?

Hi, welcome to the thread :) 

I directly quoted the posts I was replying to. I assume this was sufficient for most people to follow the flow of conversation. 

Cheers! 😄

9 minutes ago, Icon901 said:

Hi, welcome to the thread 🙂

I directly quoted the posts I was replying to. I assume this was sufficient for most people to follow the flow of conversation. 

Cheers! 😄

It sounded like you were judging the posters.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, clo said:

It sounded like you were judging the posters.

Thats the beauty of life! 

Our biases and preconceptions manipulate our perceptions to fit our internal world view.

The best part is, you can’t be wrong... because it’s what you see through your own filter, and you're the only one who lives in that perceived world 🙂 

Whatever you think you see, Enjoy it! It’s 100% accurate in your head. Cheers! 😁

Just now, Icon901 said:

Thats the beauty of life! 

Our biases and preconceptions manipulate our perceptions to fit our internal world view.

The best part is, you can’t be wrong... because it’s what you see through your own filter, and you're the only one who lives in that perceived world 🙂 

Whatever you think you see, Enjoy it! It’s 100% accurate in your head. Cheers! 😁

Being the fact-driven, card-carrying info-junkie that I am I think you're full of it.  But that's just my perception.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, Tatka said:

Wow.. just wow.

People in inside cabins are not some kind of homeless to sleep in the chairs.

They have comfortable beds in their private rooms.

Good grief.  I often stay in inside cabins so I don’t know what you thought I was implying. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, clo said:

Being the fact-driven, card-carrying info-junkie that I am I think you're full of it.  But that's just my perception.

Which of my posts do you feel is “full of it” or inaccurate?

Going to need more info 🙂 I'm happy to spell it out for you, if needed. 

Edited by Icon901

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Good grief.  I often stay in inside cabins so I don’t know what you thought I was implying. 

So you know then that "insiders" do not have these weird ideas. 🙂

Sorry then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thank you for clarifying. I didn’t see anything to get so up in arms about, as they did. Well said. 

In 2001, my sisters & I took my mother on a cruise...

3 of us in one cabin & 3 in another...

I stay up much later than they do - so I would be up on deck reading very late @ night or early morning...

Crew would check on me each night/morning 🙂

Somehow I was always up for breakfast with them...

I still stay up late - but breakfast is later now...

Oh to be young again...

Edited by Von & John

My DW and myself tried a short cruise with an inside room. I knew she wouldn't have a problem but I felt I may. Claustrophobic would be the issue.

she slept like a baby. 3 out of the 4 nights I was up by the pool deck getting air.

this was something we wanted to experiment.i have got much better with motion and claustrophobic with meds now. Just one of those things.

for a balcony room I need no meds...