Cruise Critic Community
iujen94

Drink package and/or shore excursion sales?

I commonly sail Royal Caribbean, which often has sales on pre-cruise purchases, like drink packages, internet packages and shore excursions (and yes, I know that the "sale" price is often not much better than the original price).  Does Carnival ever have sales on those types of items?  If we, for example, buy the drink package now, and then a cheaper price becomes available, are we able to cancel the drink package for a refund, and then re-buy it at the lower price?

Many thanks!

The only discount that Carnival ever has for these items is the pre-sale pricing, which is 10% (give or take) off the price of the same package purchased on board.

Nothing on drink packages, besides pre-buying.  Shore excursions- sometimes.  If you follow John Heald on facebook, he sometimes (maybe a couple times a year?) has shore excursion codes.  In the past, I think there's been a Black Friday code, and a Cinco de Mayo code- that one was only valid for excursions in Mexico.  

I have never seen a drink package sale or discount, other than pre-buying it.  As purplephenom wrote, occasionally there is a discount code for excursions.  You can cancel and rebook if a cheaper price becomes available, but depending on how close the cruise is and how popular the excursion, there is a chance there is no longer room for everyone in your party when you go to rebook.  

CruiseCritic is offering 10% off of the shore excursions. Look at the top area of the page and click on it. However, make sure they cover a possible late return to the ship. You never know what can happen.

The drink package is $5 a day pp  cheaper if your pre-buy online. No sales or discounts onboard.

I have never noticed a sale on the drink package (Carnival's is about the cheapest of any cruise line.)  On every cruise we have received an email with a 10% off excursions at some point.  Last time we had already booked and they honored the 10% off.