Reef-safe sunscreen

shipgeeks

Stop looking at Walmart, especially in PA.  Not enough people would be buying reef safe to make it worth stocking.  If a local dive shop (I'm thinking in Pittsburgh) doesn't have some,  buy online.  I've used Thinksport and Badger with good results.  Others may have their favorites. 

I googled to find brands and went on Walgreens online. Ordered it and it shipped to my corner store at no shipping fee. CVS probably does the same. I ordered Badger. Word of warning, it is WHITE on your skin. My sister called me the zombie. 

I think Ti-O and Zn-O sunscreens are starting to be more available, due to lots of people having reactions to the "organic" oxy- types, but then I live in So.California so I can't speak for W.Pennsylvania! TMC (above) had it shipped to their Walgreens, so that would be one solution. Outdoors stores like R.E.I. are likely to have some also.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:20 AM, Tmc1512 said:

I googled to find brands and went on Walgreens online. Ordered it and it shipped to my corner store at no shipping fee. CVS probably does the same. I ordered Badger. Word of warning, it is WHITE on your skin. My sister called me the zombie. 

Wait about 30 minutes after you put on the Badger and rub it in again.  It will get less obvious.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Is there any way to know the "use by" date on sunscreen?

I was always told to ditch the sunscreen you have at the end of summer and buy a new one next year...

I just checked some of the sunscreens I have here in the bathroom.  Two (Australian Gold and a Neutrogena Ultra) have no date on them, but two (Kiehl's and Neutrogena Sun Defense) do have expiration dates.   So, no guarantees here.  I'll keep ditching them.  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Most of mine have dates on the bottles or tube (often hard to find/read on a tube when it's printed over the crimped area 😉

Now I see it!  It took reading glasses, magnifier, and your mention of crimped area. Thank you; now I know I am good for my next two cruises.

• Haha 1