Adjoining Rooms Ruby Princess

This question is for anyone who has stayed in the Ruby Princess minisuites on Emerald deck.   The Princess website shows  the cabins at the back of the ship have adjoining rooms.  Where are the doors to the adjoining room?  Are there still sofa's in these cabins?

Edited by cactusrose

I think you might be reading the deck plans wrong. The black triangle means third berth. The red triangle means an interconnecting room.  There are only 8 such pairs on Dolphin  deck minis, not the entire deck of minis.

Edited by cherylandtk
12 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

I think you might be reading the deck plans wrong. The black triangle means third berth. The red triangle means an interconnecting room.  There are only 8 such pairs on Emerald deck minis, not the entire deck of minis.

I guess I should clarify.  I meant the six mini's on each side at the back which are the only minis on Emerald deck.    I'll see if I can still edit my question.  This info is in the detail when you click on each cabin in the booking process. Just to clarify, there are only 12 minisuites on Emerald deck and they are all connecting pairs.  E731 with E729, E727 with E725, etc.

Edited by cactusrose
corrections

Ah, got it now, you are seeing red triangles...😁

And and I got my Dolphins and Emeralds confused (now edited) to boot. 

Hopefully someone with actual memory comes along, but as I think I remember, the door is in the wall near the foot of the bed.   Cannot remember exactly where. 

Edited by cherylandtk
3 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Ah, got it now, you are seeing red triangles...😁

And and I got my Dolphins and Emeralds confused (now edited) to boot. 

Hopefully someone with actual memory comes along, but as I think I remember, the door is in the wall near the foot of the bed.   Cannot remember exactly where. 

Thank you.  Just want to make sure it doesn't take up wall space where the sofa should be.

Yes, the 12 mini suites on deck 8, cabins E720 to E731 are connecting cabins. The connecting door is in the hallway entrance across from the bathroom/closet area. I have read that some noise can be heard from the adjacent cabin. Yes, the cabins have sofas.

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Success, I think. Here is a picture of E730 on Emerald Princess from cruisedeckplans. Connecting door in the wall by that little half-round entry hall shelf. Not in sofa section:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=468

Oh thank you so much.  It looks like it's across from the closet.  I appreciate your taking the time to find this for me.

15 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, the 12 mini suites on deck 8, cabins E720 to E731 are connecting cabins. The connecting door is in the hallway entrance across from the bathroom/closet area. I have read that some noise can be heard from the adjacent cabin. Yes, the cabins have sofas.

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

4 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

Oh thank you so much.  It looks like it's across from the closet.  I appreciate your taking the time to find this for me.

We had 3 minis (E730, E728, and E726) on the Ruby Princess last summer and it worked out great. The door is directly across from the closet.  We (grandma and grandpa) had the connecting room with our DD, DSIL and DGD.  Our DS and DDIL were on the other side of their room with a door that connected to someone else.  They were not bothered by any noise from the other room.

It was great being able to open the balcony dividers for all 3 cabins.  We even used our balcony (E730 that is twice as long as the others) to host tea for everyone as we sailed out of Glacier Bay.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We had 3 minis (E730, E728, and E726) on the Ruby Princess last summer and it worked out great. The door is directly across from the closet.  We (grandma and grandpa) had the connecting room with our DD, DSIL and DGD.  Our DS and DDIL were on the other side of their room with a door that connected to someone else.  They were not bothered by any noise from the other room.

It was great being able to open the balcony dividers for all 3 cabins.  We even used our balcony (E730 that is twice as long as the others) to host tea for everyone as we sailed out of Glacier Bay.

What a great family vacation.  Thank you for this info.

1 minute ago, cactusrose said:

What a great family vacation.  Thank you for this info.

It definitely was!  Now the only problem is that they are asking when we will do another family cruise😄 but not offering to pay for it!  Our granddaughter (3 1/2 at the time of the Alaska cruise) was told last winter that grandma and grandpa were going on a winter cruise.  Her first - and very insistent - reaction was "I want to go too!"  I think we've created a cruising monster.

12 minutes ago, capriccio said:

It definitely was!  Now the only problem is that they are asking when we will do another family cruise😄 but not offering to pay for it!  Our granddaughter (3 1/2 at the time of the Alaska cruise) was told last winter that grandma and grandpa were going on a winter cruise.  Her first - and very insistent - reaction was "I want to go too!"  I think we've created a cruising monster.

Oh yes you have!