Thank you everyone, who knew that footstools would be such a hot topic on the forum and yet I completely understand. If you are in need of a footstool, and that was not part of your room design, please ask your stateroom attendant and they will source one for you.  We want to ensure your comfort and will do all that we can to accommodate.  Have a great day! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Thank you everyone, who knew that footstools would be such a hot topic on the forum and yet I completely understand. If you are in need of a footstool, and that was not part of your room design, please ask your stateroom attendant and they will source one for you.  We want to ensure your comfort and will do all that we can to accommodate.  Have a great day! 

Thank you for responding! I just finished a cruise on the Eclipse and my wonderful stateroom attendant, Menino,  was very quick to find footstools for my mom and I. It really did make our time on our balcony much more comfortable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Dare I ask about the rest of us on EDGE who seem to have a chair that does not recline and it is not in the room design? We are thinking that we need to take a portable foot rest for us …. surely that can't be right for the Celebrity image when standard lines offer reclining chairs on their balconies? A friend today who travels with another cruise line laughed when I told her about this issue. Help.

• Like 1

Thank you, Lisa, for addressing this issue. I'm very happy to know that we can get footstools from our cabin steward. I'll be on Summit in a few weeks, and I look forward to being able to have one brought to our cabin.

There were many comments in this thread about the balcony tables being replaced by ones that are too small to dine on. Many of us mentioned that, along with the footstools,  we booked concierge so that we could get the expanded breakfast menu and dine on our balconies. The new tables are too small to allow this, and so many people have expressed their disappointment about the larger tables being replaced with the small ones. Are there any plans to replace the small tables with larger ones?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Since I started this post here is my experience. I got a call from Celebrity and we discussed this issue. We are sailing on the Millennium B2B in November/December. The person I talked to, said they would contact  the ship and request foot stools for us. The person called me back and said all the foot stools had been taken off the ship and there would be none available. Are you saying they are available?

6 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Thank you everyone, who knew that footstools would be such a hot topic on the forum . 

Lisa, we knew.  The cruisers like me who've cruised Celebrity for hundreds of days for the past 20 years. We knew what would work on the refurbishment and on Edge and what wouldn't. You have an amazingly educated and passionate group here on Cruise Critic.   I know I'm not alone in hoping that your staff would use our knowledge more carefully.   Thank you.   

7 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello, Lisa. So.good to hear that footsteps can be requested. May we hope that the same will be for usable tables as well? Room service is certainly something we look forward to talking advantage of. Thank you.

From reading it the answer it appears that you can have a footstool if appropriate for your grade of cabin. I acknowledge that we haven't got that grade f cabin (don't think in SV) but now we don't have a reclining chair either or a decent table to use. Looks like  its a beach ball or cushions for me :-)

22 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

As others have already opined, thank you for letting us know we can request from our cabin steward.

23 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

I’m taking a screen grab and if there isn’t one on my EQ balcony I’ll say.....LLP says....😃

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Fun Redhead said:

Wait until you get to go on one of the "refurbished" ships - designed by a "non cruiser"

Non cruisers, non pet owners, non parents with small kids and non entertainers. That stuff belongs in a living room that you are only allowed to look in but not sit in.

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Lisa seems to be saying that if foot stools are not supposed to be in your cabin grade, to ask for one - what about the cabin grades that ARE supposed to have them (eg Concierge) that are not getting them now - yes I get we can ask for one, but it would be nice to know they are going to be there automatically, as listed in the perks for that category. Poor stateroom attendants surely have enough to do without dragging foot stools around all day? I don't think LLP will be back to read our comments by the way, but I hope that the post made Celebrity understand their customers needs a little more, that the devil is in the details...small comforts go a long way. 

• Like 2

It would be interesting to know what the Hotel Director on the Summit has to say about the status and availability of footstools (and regular size tables).  Maybe someone on board can ask and tell us.  I would hope to see this permanently resolved by our next cruise on the Summit in January with the appropriate balcony furniture restored.

• Like 1

Given the customer feedback it will be interesting to see whether for upcoming ship revolutions if the footstools & tables are removed. If they are removed then at least replaced with something as functional.

Edited by bkbarrym

On 8/12/2019 at 5:00 PM, Fun Redhead said:

Wait until you get to go on one of the "refurbished" ships - designed by a "non cruiser"

Yes, that "non-cruiser." My chronic (not contagious) respiratory issues were particularly bad on a repositioning cruise with many sea days this spring. I watched far too much stateroom TV. A video about Edge was aired ad nauseam. The "non-cruiser" designer said something to the effect of: I've been on cruise ships. I know what is necessary. Yeah, I've been on an aircraft carrier, that doesn't make me qualified to decide what the Navy needs. I've been in theaters. That doesn't qualify me to direct a musical. Etc.

It seems that Celebrity really dropped the ball by going with a form over function designer. Stuff that looks trendy but doesn't work well for the folks using it is a poor investment. 

It seems that they would do well to create cabin prototypes on land and have decision makers rotate through them a few days at a time, so that issues of functionality could be addressed before making the investment of building and purchasing stylish but uncomfortable furniture and dust-collecting tchotchkes that get in people's way. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Summit now, in a concierge cabin. I asked my room attendant if he was aware that LLP told us to ask for footstools.  Just as most of us suspected, he said that there are no footstools stashed away on the ship. He said that other guests have been asking about them since the refit, and that guest relations has also been telling people to ask their cabin attendant for one, which puts them in an awkward position.  

I do have to say, the ship colors look much better in person than they do in pictures.  Other than the lack of footstools, the dinky balcony table, and the miniature safe, I'm happy with the other changes. I'm going to cross post this, since this is an old thread.

• 4 weeks later...

This was just posted by someone currently on the Equinox. Let's hope they follow through and do it fleet wide.

Good News!!  X has heard your complaints!!  

The head housekeeper Paul( Officer) came to our cabin to let us know that based on the numerous feedback from guests.... They are bringing back footstools.  They placed an order and they will be available in 2 months.  

• 4 weeks later...