Cruise Critic Community
Michyfis

Nespresso and Indulgence Package

My husband only drinks Nespresso coffee and while the Indulgence package is attractive we are not sure we will use the $700 shore excursion amount.  If we decide to choose this package can we apply shore excursion money to increased spa or dining option?  If we can’t, and decide not to buy the Ultimate beverage package, does anyone know the individual cost of Nespresso drinks?  As you might surmise, we will be on our first Azamara Cruise this year.  Thank you.

Unfortunately you cannot switch the land discoveries credit now, there were instances in the past when you could but not now.

Nespresso was $8 last time I looked, may have changed but be aware if your cruise is on Pursuit they are for some reason (possibly space) not carrying Nespresso.  This is something I’ve highlighted before that the website relating to beverage packages needs updating to highlight this.  

Thanks so much for your reply.  Cruise is on Quest soo no problem there.  However,  $8.00 for  Nespresso, ouch!

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Try the included coffee from Mosaic first. We drink Nespresso at home and are happy with the coffee from Mosaic.

Agree...give Mosaic a try.  We actually preferred the coffee Mosaic used over Nespresso.

Art

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Try the included coffee from Mosaic first. We drink Nespresso at home and are happy with the coffee from Mosaic.

The nice thing about Mosaic and using the barristas is they'll make it how you ask, so if you want extra milk or coffee for example they'll do their best for you. 

Phil 

Even the machines in Windows are making good coffee.

Posted (edited)

But don’t try the ‘regular’ coffee from the waiters jugs in Windows or Discoveries!

Having seen uktog’s post about calling in to Mosaic to get a coffee to take into breakfast, I now do that too. As we have started getting breakfast in Discoveries, it’s very easy just to stop off at Mosaic.

(Incidentally, it’s lovely in Discoveries at breakfast - they do a buffet as well as the served menu).

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

And if you are upstairs in Windows go to the machine - the server will offer you coffee from their jug, decline and get a fresh one made. (Note unless you really know and can trust your server don't fall for the table server offering to go and get it for you.  We watched a server on two mornings just go over and pour it out of the sitting jugs 😞  We declined the coffee he brought and started our get it yourself routine when arriving in Windows

If we want an espresso or latte with dinner in any of the dining rooms can we get one?

39 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

If we want an espresso or latte with dinner in any of the dining rooms can we get one?

Yes though it can take a whole 

12 hours ago, Lady's Mom said:

If I need a herbal tea or the occasional coffee I usually walk the short distance, go to Mosaic and sit in a comfortable chair there and watch the world go by.  It’s open quite late.

Phil

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If I need a herbal tea or the occasional coffee I usually walk the short distance, go to Mosaic and sit in a comfortable chair there and watch the world go by.  It’s open quite late.

Phil

We always decline coffee with the meal in the MDR and have it in Mosaic afterwards.  After a couple of evenings we found we didn't even need to order - as soon as we sat down [always fairly empty in the evenings] our coffee was delivered to us exactly as we like it. 

8 minutes ago, berkshireboy said:

We always decline coffee with the meal in the MDR and have it in Mosaic afterwards.  After a couple of evenings we found we didn't even need to order - as soon as we sat down [always fairly empty in the evenings] our coffee was delivered to us exactly as we like it. 

Yes our experience also.  It is nice

I know it sounds like we are addicted to lattes and espressos, but we have a machine at home so we are used to having one when we want one.  Another related question.  Will we be able to order a latte with room service breakfast?  Thanks so much.

18 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

I know it sounds like we are addicted to lattes and espressos, but we have a machine at home so we are used to having one when we want one.  Another related question.  Will we be able to order a latte with room service breakfast?  Thanks so much.

Yes you can.  My husband is a caffeine addict and each morning he would go up to the coffee machines in windows for his first cup.  We would then have tea, coffee and juice delivered about 7.15 am.  The coffee comes in the tall stainless flasks which keeps it warm.  We would then go for breakfast later.

22 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

No problem.  We ordered a cappuccino and latte every morning with breakfast on our balcony.  We were surprised how good the cappuccino and latte are from room service.

Art

1 hour ago, doubled said:

No problem.  We ordered a cappuccino and latte every morning with breakfast on our balcony.  We were surprised how good the cappuccino and latte are from room service.

Art

Thanks both of you posters so much.  It is reassuring to know that we can get our caffeine fix in our suite before we begin our day.