Cruise Critic Community
ddlb

Reduced Air Transfer Fiaso 75% PENALTY

54 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

But what is the cruise cost difference??? It isn’t just a simple comparison.  Also what type of ticket are you getting.   Some are very restrictive.   

I just got off a cruise today and ran into a happy person who also got reduced air.   I didn’t mention that my same cabin class was $800 less per person      

We booked our perk just a few weeks ago and we had already made final payment so it did not affect the cost of our cruise one bit except for the $99 per person for air and $32 per person for transfers. I trust my TA plus my daughter, who is a retired ail line employee is very happy with using NCL. She isn't happy with the early flight she will have form Orlando to Miami but she is flying on NCL perk completely free and if she used airline passes she could not be guaranteed she would get on a flight. What works for some, may not for others, but for us, it is worth the savings ..

$30 here, $30 there it all adds up, $30 can get you 46 cans of mini ravioli!

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

We booked our perk just a few weeks ago and we had already made final payment so it did not affect the cost of our cruise one bit except for the $99 per person for air and $32 per person for transfers. I trust my TA plus my daughter, who is a retired ail line employee is very happy with using NCL. She isn't happy with the early flight she will have form Orlando to Miami but she is flying on NCL perk completely free and if she used airline passes she could not be guaranteed she would get on a flight. What works for some, may not for others, but for us, it is worth the savings ..

This was my experience as well. Whether or not I added the air when pricing made no difference other than the addition of the NCL transfers which I manually cancelled.

We have already been assigned our flights for our cruise in December and although schedule-wise they wouldn't have been my first choice, they are decent times, direct and saved us just over $1000 CDN vs. booking it on our own.

You guys south of the border have more choice when booking airfare and I am amazed at some of the low fares I read about here on these boards. Last December we were going to book a 7-night cruise with our sons out of Miami until I shopped for air --- the cost was slightly under $3000 for four from Toronto.... since we were going to use the "kids sail free" promo, that pricing meant that the air would have been more expensive than the cruise itself! Instead we did a 12-night out of NYC which we were able to drive to and ended up being less expensive than the 7-night with the air.

Since I'm already paying for the "free" air promotion in my cruise fare whether I take advantage of that perk or not, I was happy to sacrifice control of the air booking to be able to save what I would additionally have had to pay out of pocket to buy the airfare outright.

2 hours ago, Newleno said:

$30 here, $30 there it all adds up, $30 can get you 46 cans of mini ravioli!

LOL. Makes me feel better about my post.