Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

Oh no! In theatre, tech issues in the show, please be patient.  OMG!!! We're on the Caribbean Princess, run!! Lol.

CD Alex said that they might run it again tomorrow, when it had to be stopped for the third time!! I wonder how they will let us know.

Eek its the final of the Voice tomorrow!!

1 hour ago, Fiwells said:

CD Alex said that they might run it again tomorrow, when it had to be stopped for the third time!! I wonder how they will let us know.

What was the show?

1 hour ago, Fiwells said:

Yes, thought it would jinx us after we managed to get a seat after it failed for the second time. Only watched another couple of numbers before it broke down again. Don’t think we’ll bother returning tomorrow. What time is your final?

Edited by villauk
  • Haha 1

The show was Fantastic Journey which is the most technical innovative show currently being performed at sea, and as someone who works backstage in shows I would agree. Some really amazing effects and fabulous use of CGI

The Voice final is at 2pm today in the Princess Theatre. We have a rehearsal at 11.45, if anything changes I'll let you know. Thank you for asking. I'll do my best but not expecting anything as there are some really good singers xx

• Like 1

I saw Alex and someone from his staff this morning and I asked why there are no port talks on this cruise. They said that this is because of so many ports.

But last year I took a British Isles cruise on Royal P, and the talks were taped and on demand on port days and live on sea days. They liked the idea when I mentioned this and advised me to write about it in the survey that I am going to receive.

If you also think that port talks should be included in a cruise like this one please mention it in the survey. Thanks.

They also said that there will not be a repeat of last night’s show. Shouldn’t in this situation the taped show be available on demand on our cabin tv? Thanks

Edited by Pansy2801

On the Wake Show someone asked why the buffet signs were missing to show you which side was open (which they are). The reply was because there was always someone there to show you which side to go to. News to me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CCFC said:

On the Wake Show someone asked why the buffet signs were missing to show you which side was open (which they are). The reply was because there was always someone there to show you which side to go to. News to me!

That was me, I ran into Andi today and told him it's not happening. He said it's supposed to, he'll mention it to someone, but be sure to mention it in the survey. I saw some dining managers and told them, they nodded. That's was at lunch, went to dinner and still no one there.

• Like 1

Well done, Tracy, a great performance 👍

We have all felt like it’s the last day of the cruise today rather than tomorrow, especially after the Captain told everyone to ‘have safe travels home’ in his midday announcement! 

Edited by villauk

Do you think this cruise met your expectations ? We are thinking of doing the exact same cruise July 25 2020. Are the ports easy to do by ourselves? We are 81 and 77 but in good shape Loved your review. 😀

2 hours ago, licram said:

Do you think this cruise met your expectations ? We are thinking of doing the exact same cruise July 25 2020. Are the ports easy to do by ourselves? We are 81 and 77 but in good shape Loved your review. 😀

Its worth every shekel. We plan on booking the southerly version in the fall of 2021, Quebec to Fort Lauderdale

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Its worth every shekel. We plan on booking the southerly version in the fall of 2021, Quebec to Fort Lauderdale

I agree - it was one of the best cruises ever! All fun ports to visit.  I think the southerly version stop's in Norfolk, VA, an hour from our home town of Williamsburg!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I agree - it was one of the best cruises ever! All fun ports to visit.  I think the southerly version stop's in Norfolk, VA, an hour from our home town of Williamsburg!

Great, then you can meet us when we disembark in Norfolk, and buy me that drink you owe me, lol! 

I enjoyed following along on this journey and thanks to all the on board posters.  So sorry that your day in Quebec City is a soggy one...guess you will just have to return some day.  Safe jouney home and if you are continuing on the cruise, enjoy the rest of your voyage and hope you still post along the way.

Sandy

• Like 1

Well, I won't be disembarking tomorrow as planned as we are already off the ship. On Sunday (Saint-John) while visiting the Bay of Fundy, I fell and broke my ankle. After xrays at the emergency showed it was indeed a break (requiring surgery), my DH had to go back and pack up our bags. Customer service was very helpful and someone helped DH get all our things together.  They even packed up the 2 dozen water bottles.  My DH gave them to the security people - he had enough bags to lug on his own!  After spending the night at the hospital, we decided to drive home to Montreal (10 hour painful ride) so that I could have the surgery here at home. 

We always think these things happen to other people… well, they don't. Although I have medical insurance, we did not have trip insurance, so no possibility of recovering part of the cost of the cruise. I guess some will say the moral of the story is to have trip insurance, so we'll see for next time… 

Thanks CruiseVA for posting the Patters. I have kept all the Patters from all my cruises but unfortunately my DH forgot to take them during the kerfuffle of packing.

Well, we did have 8 fabulous days out of the 13 planned. We will definitely have to do this itinerary again - hopefully all 13 days next time! 

Safe travels home to everyone and happy future cruising.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1stCruiser said:

Well, I won't be disembarking tomorrow as planned as we are already off the ship. On Sunday (Saint-John) while visiting the Bay of Fundy, I fell and broke my ankle. After xrays at the emergency showed it was indeed a break (requiring surgery), my DH had to go back and pack up our bags. Customer service was very helpful and someone helped DH get all our things together.  They even packed up the 2 dozen water bottles.  My DH gave them to the security people - he had enough bags to lug on his own!  After spending the night at the hospital, we decided to drive home to Montreal (10 hour painful ride) so that I could have the surgery here at home. 

We always think these things happen to other people… well, they don't. Although I have medical insurance, we did not have trip insurance, so no possibility of recovering part of the cost of the cruise. I guess some will say the moral of the story is to have trip insurance, so we'll see for next time… 

Thanks CruiseVA for posting the Patters. I have kept all the Patters from all my cruises but unfortunately my DH forgot to take them during the kerfuffle of packing.

Well, we did have 8 fabulous days out of the 13 planned. We will definitely have to do this itinerary again - hopefully all 13 days next time! 

Safe travels home to everyone and happy future cruising.  

I am so sorry that your trip ended this way.  I have broken my ankle so can emphasize what you are going through.  You will be happy that you are home for the surgery and recovery.  Take care.

If it is convenient, I have a favour to ask.  If anyone plans on taking a taxi upon disembarkation, would you be so kind as to post your experience in this forum.  Taxis are a dime a dozen in Ft. Lauderdale but suspect QC will be very different so would aopreciate knowing how difficult this was.  Thanks a bunch.

Thanks CruiseVA for posting the Patters...most helpful.

Sandy

• Like 1

Thanks all who posted about this trip!  DH and I will be cruising over the winter holidays for 14 days on the Caribbean Princess so this really helped me out to get a feel for how things 'work' on board.  I was really interested if they still had the platinum and elite social hour- good to know that it was still there.

1st Cruiser- Hope you heal up quickly!  So sorry to hear about your accident- that is my greatest fear on vacation.

How did you like the medallion for the cruise?  My DH enjoyed hearing about NOT having the medallion in his pants pocket and hanging it on the bathroom door! 😆  Any tips for a newbie who hasn't used the medallion before?

Gabrielle

Hey Ya'll - what a great cruise, weather was awesome, except for a little time in NYC (when I was either in . brewery or an Uber on my way to one - LOL), and, some off & on spritzing today in Quebec City. We thought the ports were awesome!  One of our top 5 cruises, ships, people and itinerary ever! Thanks Eveyone - Happy Cruising & safe travels!!!

• Thanks 1