LIVE from the ZUIDERDAM - VOYAGE OF THE VIKINGS

sansterre

Our 37 day cruise begins next Tuesday, July 30th in Boston!  I'll be posting updates and a few photos, mostly of ports.

I'm encouraging other Roll Call members to also post interesting information about the ship, as well as cruise and port highlights. 

You are all welcome to come along with us!   And please post any questions or comments you might have.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is there a way to copy the link and post it on our Roll Call so members

can  bookmark it?  When I post the link, the post appears (like below).

Edited by sansterre

Oh fabulous.  Thank you.  We would love to be on this cruise, but, we are doing Tales of the South Pacific later this year(51 days).  Therefore, we booked Zaandam, VOV next year, BUT, I would have much preferred the Zuiderdam.  I am not sure whether we will keep Zaandam reservation.  It is so wonderful of you and your travel mates to LIVE post.  Thank you!!  Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sansterre said:

can  bookmark it?  

I think that what you get is the new and improved system here.

You have a great adventure ahead.

Bon Voyage !

Barbara

12 hours ago, sansterre said:

can  bookmark it?  When I post the link, the post appears (like below).

Yes there is.  When you type in the link you will see what you have on your screen.

Scroll down and there will be a little black area (above submit) where it will say something like “post as a link instead” (sorry, i forget the exact wording).  If you click that, it will just be the link.

Alternatively - if your roll call members click what you had above, it will take them there and they can book mark it.

Have a fabulous cruise 🙂. Looking forward to following along.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to post during your cruise. We cancelled the VOV for 2020 to take our kids and grands on a trip. Hopefully we will be able to book for 2021. We are also booked on the Tales of the South Pacific this year. 

Cheers, Denise 

I'll be on this cruise, too, and will try to post updates here as well.

I mainly will be posting in my blog, www.WriterOnDeck.com. If you want to receive an email when I post (at least every port day), you can subscribe on the website.

Now, back to packing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kazu said:

Yes there is.  When you type in the link you will see what you have on your screen.

Scroll down and there will be a little black area (above submit) where it will say something like “post as a link instead” (sorry, i forget the exact wording).  If you click that, it will just be the link.

Alternatively - if your roll call members click what you had above, it will take them there and they can book mark it.

Have a fabulous cruise 🙂. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks Kazu.  It says "insert other media"......never noticed that in all my postings!

I will try it later today.

I, too, will be on this cruise.  I'm 2 trips behind in posting on my own blog, so not sure if I will get the chance to post "as I go" for this one.  I'm also not planning on buying the internet on the ship, so that means less wifi time available.

I did 1/2 VOV in 2014, love Iceland, and so am very excited to be going back and this time doing the full VOV.  We have new Iceland ports this time as well as a new Greenland stop.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

I, too, will be on this cruise.  I'm 2 trips behind in posting on my own blog, so not sure if I will get the chance to post "as I go" for this one.  I'm also not planning on buying the internet on the ship, so that means less wifi time available.

I did 1/2 VOV in 2014, love Iceland, and so am very excited to be going back and this time doing the full VOV.  We have new Iceland ports this time as well as a new Greenland stop.  

Have a great cruise, Sherita 🙂 

16 hours ago, sansterre said:

Thanks Kazu.  It says "insert other media"......never noticed that in all my postings!

I will try it later today.

Not insert other media.  You should see this when you insert your link:

3FABF0C6-AF11-44FE-AE51-1AA6214F0103.thumb.png.d27389254e5fca81bdd7dbb103238756.png

See where it says your link has been automatically embedded?  Display as a link instead. (It’s on the black line near the bottom).

if you click that you get the regular link (see below)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682441-live-from-the-zuiderdam-voyage-of-the-vikings/?tab=comments#comment-57981158

hope this makes sense and helps. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Not insert other media.  You should see this when you insert your link:

3FABF0C6-AF11-44FE-AE51-1AA6214F0103.thumb.png.d27389254e5fca81bdd7dbb103238756.png

See where it says your link has been automatically embedded?  Display as a link instead. (It’s on the black line near the bottom).

if you click that you get the regular link (see below)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682441-live-from-the-zuiderdam-voyage-of-the-vikings/?tab=comments#comment-57981158

hope this makes sense and helps. 🙂 

Yes, that makes better sense and probably easier.  But somehow the other way worked for me as well.

Thanks again,

• Like 1