Let’s outwit the port change for Allure Dec. 1, 2019

Yes, I royally agree with most of you that I do not like Nassau.  But let’s work together to make this the best port event ever!  Share the best excursions, restaurants,  Bars, beaches, private tours, sea glass finding beaches, etc.  It is too costly to change ships now for most of us, so let's unite and make the day better than ever expected.  I normally stay on the ship at this port, but I will take the best suggestion and go for it.  Come on, we have time to create a fabulous plan.  

• Like 4

I was just thinking the same thing!  Just found out today on our February cruise they cancelled Roatán and substituted Nassau.  There has to be something on  Nassau to enjoy...it is the Bahamas!  

Last time we were there with some friends of ours all of the husband's went to Graycliff to roll cigars while us gals went next door to the chocolate factory tour.  After that we walked to a Rum factory for a tasting tour.  It was a great day!  That being said, this time it's just my husband and myself and I'm thinking we may just stay on the ship

3 minutes ago, mrsaknar said:

Last time we were there with some friends of ours all of the husband's went to Graycliff to roll cigars while us gals went next door to the chocolate factory tour.  After that we walked to a Rum factory for a tasting tour.  It was a great day!  That being said, this time it's just my husband and myself and I'm thinking we may just stay on the ship

We also enjoyed the chocolate tour.

Like you, we really did not like visiting Nassau.  HOWEVER, we did find a delightful way to spend the day, via the website RESORT FOR A DAY.  We purchase the one day pass for the Nassau Colonial Hilton.  It is within walking distance from the ship (no taxi expense)  The hotel grounds are beautiful. You can utilize their clean, inside changing rooms, the wonderful pool & the beach and the ocean.  The water is both shallow and calm.  You are charged a certain amount which allows you entrance, food & drink.  Make sure book on line early as they only take a handful of people.

1 minute ago, ocbaylady said:

It is pass straw market and before Junkanoo maybe 15 minutes tops. It is in a brand new building.

Oh, that's not far at all, sounds closer than McDonald's.

Our top 3 for Nassau:

1. Atlantis Aquaventure via a reservation at Comfort Suites

2. All inclusive day passes at Breezes Resort & Spa via Resort for a Day

3. Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Swim + beach time

If you enjoy history.. Clifton Heritage National Park was very interesting  The driver that picked us up at port gave us a great history of Nassau and the bahamas.  The tour of the slave plantation and the history was something I never knew about.

there is also snorkeling with underwater statues.  
http://www.cliftonheritage.org/history.html

• Like 1

We did the Blue Lagoon excursion and swam with stingrays. It was inexpensive and very fun. I don’t think I’d do the stingrays again but it seemed cheaper than just the beach day excursion for some reason.

19 hours ago, Zuki said:

If you enjoy history.. Clifton Heritage National Park was very interesting  The driver that picked us up at port gave us a great history of Nassau and the bahamas.  The tour of the slave plantation and the history was something I never knew about.

there is also snorkeling with underwater statues.  
http://www.cliftonheritage.org/history.html

Excellent place!  Wonderful snorkeling over statues!

Rose Island Sandy toes is fabulous, I loved it.  I highly recommend it!  I would do it again!

Powerboat adventures is ok and expensive.

Pearl Island, not so much.

Edited by Judyrem